Canadian Parking Lamps / Running Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Parking Lamps / Running Lights

My 05 has daytime running lights, which I think is required by Canadian law on new vehicles (not 100% certain though). I like the look of just having the park lamps on while I am driving near dusk (before headlamps are required.) When I shift into gear the headlamps come on automatically. Anyone know of a wiring bypass I can do to eliminate daytime running lamps and only have parking lamps on? There must be an interlock, switch or something that activates this feature, I would like to disable it. My warranty expired last month due to high mileage so I am not concerned about that issue. Do US cars have this feature also? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

graniteG6

On mine you just turn the switch to the parking lamps and they come on and the headlights go off.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

could also check out the how to on disabling the daytimes, if it is legal or you just dont care, but like kyle said, if you turn the lights on yourself they go to what you set

Comment

Also turning on the fogs (if you have them) will turn off the headlamps and let just the parking lights and fogs be on!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Just disable the running lamps by pulling the fuse. You'll have to manually turn th elight on or gpo to the fuse box and redirect the wiring to go to the parking lamps.. sound seasy, but I'm sure there are needed fuses, relays, or whatever in there somewhere.
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Working...
          X