Idling at a stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling at a stop

I noticed today when I am at a stop the car engine rumbles a little. It will be fine then say every 10 seconds it doesnt feel right. Its almost a rumble/vibration in the engine, it only happens when its stopped, and I know when I take in to the dealership, they will give the "I couldn't get it to do it" speech...any idea?
    Black '06 G6 GTP Coupe - Stock for now!

Normal. All the 3900's seem to do it.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

mine does too every now and then
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Im not much of a car guy, and yesterday my neighbour described a similar problem in his new TrailBlazer and it turned out to be a missfiring cylinder....thats "better" tho its a common thing instead of just my car
        Black '06 G6 GTP Coupe - Stock for now!

Comment

i wouldn't exactly say its a "good" thing, but it is common

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I haven't noticed it, then again I've never been expecting it. I'll see if it does it tonight.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

My gt does it. I think it is something in the puter that is trying to conserve gas. I think damn near every automatic i drive does it.
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Mine does it, took it to the dealer and they said that everything checked out ok. Sometimes it's worse than other times though
                Originally posted by TLS2000
                It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

i also did the whole take it to the dealer and everything checked out fine thing

Comment

bad engine mounts and big V6's will shake any car...
                    2006 G6 GTP 6spd. Black on Black

Comment

It could be the EGR just doing its thing at idle. Like has been said, almost everyone notices this
                      Originally posted by colinpeddle
                      They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                      That here, by G6er law, we lie
                      Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                      THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Originally posted by MONTERACER
                        Mine does it, took it to the dealer and they said that everything checked out ok. Sometimes it's worse than other times though
                        Same here.
                        Originally posted by TLS2000
                        It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Same here.
                          Thats funny, you just quoted yourself and said "same here"...
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

^

sigpic
                            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
                              My engine does that all the time.
                              My engine does that all the time too.
                              ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Working...
                              X