Paint color question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint color question

hey...new here, got a question that someone here should be able answer.

I have a liquid silver 06 coupe that has a few scratches I need to take care of. I went to pick up some dupli-color touch up paint at the store and ended up picking a color that looked closest to mine since I forgot to write down my paint code. Apparently, I bought code #12/WA519F which (correct me if I'm wrong) is Galaxy Silver, which was the silver on the 05's. This may sound really dumb, but I know this is a different code than liquid silver, but is it also a different shade as well? I know I'm probably going to have to go back and get the right color, but its worth a shot to ask.

Thank you

Yeah theres different codes for the same color apparently on the G6. I would just go to your dealer and get a bottle from there. In most cases they might even give you one. Not sure if that helps you or not.

Anyway your paint code is either on your door panel or glove box.

Comment

so what you're saying is that both the 05's and 06's have the same color despite the different codes? Yeah, I know I should just go to the dealer but I didn't want to make the longer trip.

Thanks

Comment

I mean that even if it's the same color they are different paint codes.

Comment

i have a 2006 g6 gt coupe and it's sliver...dunno if there is a certian name for it but the code is 994L...it's a light silver.

Comment

Can the code be found on the door panel?
            2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

If it's not on the door panel then it's in the glove box. Either the dealer or a bodyshop should be able to mix you up the exact matching paint.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Touch up paint is dangerous in the wrong hands.
                BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                ^ The Man
                v The Legend

Comment

This is where u can find your paint code.

http://aftermarket-unlimited.com/shop/paintlocation.gif

Comment

Find your paint code on the car, that is your best bet. Using an online guide, while it may be accurate, can also leave you open to mistakes.

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                    X