Mis-Match Lowering Springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis-Match Lowering Springs?

This may sound dumb, but since i haven't found any lowering springs that will lower the front more than the back --- do any of you think there would be problems with putting 1 brand of springs on the front and a different brand on the rear? for example, put springs that lower the g6 1.7" on the front and springs that lower about 1.3"-1.5" on the rear.

from looking at lowered g6s, it appears the rear is slightly lower before and after lowering. i want mine to be at least even, if not just a hair lower in the front. i know it would suck paying for 2 different sets of springs, but if someone was interested in the same deal then i wouldn't be losing any money.

anywho, thought i'd ask before buying some. i wish there was a set that didn't lower the car the same amount all around. if there is, i haven't seen 'em
    06 G6 Black Sedan 2.4L

No, you can mix and match, people do it all the time. On coilovers, used in racing, people use four different springs.

I agree on the back sitting too low, and that is a common problem among lowering springs.

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
      No, you can mix and match, people do it all the time. On coilovers, used in racing, people use four different springs.

I agree on the back sitting too low, and that is a common problem among lowering springs.

John
      I have to agree I think it would look much better with the front lower than the back. Good Idea :P
      Shit happens, Drive faster
      GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
      :) :) :) :) :) :)
      GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Mis-Match Lowering Springs?

Originally posted by iearnedit
        This may sound dumb, but since i haven't found any lowering springs that will lower the front more than the back --- do any of you think there would be problems with putting 1 brand of springs on the front and a different brand on the rear? for example, put springs that lower the g6 1.7" on the front and springs that lower about 1.3"-1.5" on the rear.

from looking at lowered g6s, it appears the rear is slightly lower before and after lowering. i want mine to be at least even, if not just a hair lower in the front. i know it would suck paying for 2 different sets of springs, but if someone was interested in the same deal then i wouldn't be losing any money.

anywho, thought i'd ask before buying some. i wish there was a set that didn't lower the car the same amount all around. if there is, i haven't seen 'em
        Wait for the H&R springs to come out. I believe the lowering is 1.5" in front and 1.3" in the rear.
        2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
        Forge Motorsports BPV
        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
        HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

KMAN, what springs did you use, I forget?

I almost ALWAYS had mismatching springs.. H&R in the front because they handled better and eibach's in the rear because they had a better height for the cars I had.
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
            KMAN, what springs did you use, I forget?

I almost ALWAYS had mismatching springs.. H&R in the front because they handled better and eibach's in the rear because they had a better height for the cars I had.
            I have Canuck Motorsports springs.
            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
            Forge Motorsports BPV
            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Working...
            X