Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have we started contacting companies to start making mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we started contacting companies to start making mods?

Jsut curious if the community has been contacting companies to show interest for mods for our cars. Seems like there is not much. Have we tried the big time GM aftermarket companies? I just e-mailed RKsport, and looks like there is no e-mail for SLP, so if I get time might write a letter to them.

Have we really tried to start emailing the parts companies?

Like K&N, hotckis, bilstein, kyb, BMR, UMI, lakewood, Spohn, bassani, flowtech, flowmaster, magnaflow, Corsa, SLP, kooks, VOlant, BBK, ACCUFAB, Proffesional Products, etc...

I understand the G6 is new and the aftermarket hasn't really emerged but maybe it needs a push. heck I have been on some of the parts sites and I see stuff for the sky, solstice, cobalt, hell even the G5! nothing for the G6!

Still plenty of stuff for sale fo the Grand AM. Just read G6 sales went up 25%, all the hype the new malibu is getting and the obvious backign on this board.

This is the e-mail I sent to RKsports

Hello,

I just wanted to voice my concern of the severe lack of mods out there for the Pontiac G6. I understand this is a newer car and the aftermarket is still emerging but I was surprised to see mods showing up already and on sale for the Pontiac G5, solstice, and sky. I just wanted to inquire as to when, and what are you guys working on for the Pontiac G6? I have been a longtime F-body owner, and am used to the unlimited supply of mods and have forked over thousands of my money over(to your company as well) to make my F-body my own, and not just another car on the street.

I know have a G6, and hope to do the same with this car, and I know many want to, and many more already have. This is an outcry from the G6 community... MAKE STUFF SO WE CAN GIVE YOU LOTS OF MONEY!

thank you,

obviously one voice might do something but better when the community speaks at once.

So you guys want to start helping me write some e-mails? I want BMR to make me a $80 strut tower brace and a set of sways like I was able to get for my Camaro
    2007 Dark Gray Metallic G6 Sedan 3.5L v6 A4
    Former cars... '85 Camaro, '94 Camaro, '00 Camaro, '92 Mustang GT

just e-mailed http://www.zzperformance.com

they do carry some springs for the G6, but not much else.

Comment

Ive e-mailed brembo many times about bolt on calipers. They dont answer back.
      I even called them but got an audix. left a msg...no return calls.
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

just e-mailed http://www.intense-racing.com

they are huge with the 3800 II and III, and do some work witht he ecotec and the 3400

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
          Ive e-mailed brembo many times about bolt on calipers. They dont answer back.
          I even called them but got an audix. left a msg...no return calls.
          To be honest, I was never a fan of big brake companies. Maybe because in the f-body world, we would just by a custom made bracket a few companies would make, and upgrade to C5, or C5 z06 brakes, and have amazing braking with a factory feel, and costs.

but back to the real reason for the post is, they may not have contacted you back or did much becaue they don't feel they will make money off of us. Now, if like 15-20 of us contact them, they may look into the feasibility of providing a product for us more closely.

Which is what I really want them to do. And I think it is, after seeing what some peopel pay here for certain mods, I am sure some of the big name aftermarket companies can make something that is better or the same for cheaper.

I also feel since we DO have the ability to tune, we are still open for a bunch of great mods.

Comment

Aftermarket companies are reluctant to build parts for the G6, because most people that buy this car, are not interested in modding. Many of the small percentage that are interested in modding, have a hard time parting with their money. Why invest valuable R&D money in a small and unpredictable market?
            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
            Forge Motorsports BPV
            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
              Aftermarket companies are reluctant to build parts for the G6, because most people that buy this car, are not interested in modding. Many of the small percentage that are interested in modding, have a hard time parting with their money. Why invest valuable R&D money in a small and unpredictable market?

Same was said about Grand Prixs and V6 f-bodies...

v6 f-bodies? Who would mod them... they just were a "economy car" If the people that wanted to mod and race, would have gotten an LS1.

8.99 v6 3.8L v6 f-body(L36 based, NOT a Grand national motor)
              http://www.intense-racing.com/movies/INTENSE_Fbody.wmv

What about Grand Prixs? regular GTs and GTPs in the 8s... they are just GM sedans... no one would wnat to race them...

http://www.3800pro.com/forum/quarter-mi ... 5-mph.html

I am just saying if I want a Strut tower brace I can get one for a Camaro for $80, and I can get one for a Grand Prix for $80.

If I want one for a G6, I have to spend $250-300

We can improve the aftermarket, this site alone is a testament to want of an aftermarket.

Some may not want to go all wild like the cars above, but...

I am looking for more catbacks, more intakes, more Throttle bodies, more suspension mods. More companies making stuff cheaper, the price goes for the "budget minded" crowd. Simple economics.

Comment

already got a response from Zoomer, from ZZP and sent another response of some personal mods I would like to see more of.

Just an example... they have a STB for the Grand Prix for $70
                http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix ... &catid=138

They can possibly make us one for cheaper then the GM ones everyone is buying, and have ZERO fitmant issues.

Comment

GM doesn't even get behind the G6. When was the last time you saw a TV commercial or a print ad extolling the virtues of the G6? I do not see the aftermarket getting on the G6 bandwagon. When the '99 Grand Am arrived, it took about 2-3 years for the aftermarket to take off and it is still there. The G6 is in its 4th model year and still virtually nothing. I just do not see anything happening. Look at the MPD hood group buy, so much interest, so few actual buyers! It does not look good.
                  2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                  Forge Motorsports BPV
                  CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                  HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                  HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                    GM doesn't even get behind the G6. When was the last time you saw a TV commercial or a print ad extolling the virtues of the G6? I do not see the aftermarket getting on the G6 bandwagon. When the '99 Grand Am arrived, it too about 2-3 years for the aftermarket to take off and it is still there. The G6 is in its 4th model year and still virtually nothing. I just do not see anything happening. Look at the MPD hood group buy, so much interest, so few actual buyers! It does not look good.

GM never gets behind shit... its the customers and aftermarket that does.

why are the TV commercials or print ads... I just read G6 sales were on the rise. I never expect the aftermarket to be there right away but it will form. The Grand Prix and F-body, have only really gotten moving on the aftermarket in the last 2-3 years... Hell the v6 f-body was discontinued 2-3 years before the market took off, because it got more organized nad vocal.

As for the hood Group buy, I coudl see why.. Appearance stuff like a hood is usually expensive as hell. You have a $300-500 hood, that costs ~$100 to ship, then you have to pay to get it painted. $300-400.

You are looking at a $800-1200 mod. I too am on a budget, but for $800-1200 I can see my self getting an intake, some sway bars, and a strut tower brace and still have money left over and love my car.

What brings it in is an outcry for peopel to want it. Of course if no one asks they will not provide.

Comment

I see commercials about it quite often actually.

A few of us (myself included) has contacted RK about making parts, but you always will just get the same text book answer. Just accept it and move on...

Comment

Only engine on the G6 you MAY see seroius aftermarket for in the next 1-2years will be the 3.6L DOHC. As that being there globle major engine used. But the two diffrent 3500s and 3900 I highly doubt will see much. And if the 3.6L goes into the Camaro there prob be an explostion of aftermarket overnight. But remember IE suprecharger for the 3.6L MAY not fit the G6 because of hood clearnce and there will be more room the the engine faced in the RWD position for the Camaro.

I belive there will be a supercharger kit avalible for the 3.6L again when the Camaro is relesed.... but dont get your hopes up too much as it may not fit........

The 3900 would be the next engine that WOULD/ COULD have seen aftermarket but as GM reduces its roll because of MPG and more high end mergine power from a DOHC vs a Pushrod I highly doubt much more then a PCM tune will be avalible for the 3900 V6
                        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                        Gotta have it Green color
                        Brembo brake package
                        420 HP 5.0L
                        Ford Racing Power Pack
                        GT500 track pack differential cover
                        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Just to point out...

http://www.zzperformance.com just informed me they added more current products availible to their website.

Intense conctacted me and asked if I am able to go by their place, or send my PCM in for analysis. (also said might be able to work out a discount or free)

I would go by them but obviously not near me, so another G6er might have some luck.

Comment

Just throwing this out there........I run http://www.racinglineperformance.com, a site dedicated to the unloved FWD Nissans ( altima and maxima).

depending on the part and the volume I do have the contacts and means to get some of the more common parts made up for the G6.

I myself am a new G6 owner and more so bought the car for it's value to be the new daily driver, but depending on the demand I can probably get a few things done. I presently make an aluminum strut bar for these cars that is very rigid yet light weight (4.2lbs complete) thanks to it's unique 3 internal chamber extrusion.

Anyways this is not an advertisement for myself and will apologize to the moderators and admins for the shameless plug. any further product development discussion from me will wait till the moderators say I'm allowed. Just wanted to throw it out there.

HID 6000k lows ~ HID 3000k fogs ~ Crab04+ CAI w/custom velocity stck ~ RACINGLINE Motor Mounts ~ RACINGLINE Strut Bar ~ Deleted resonator ~ RACINGLINE grounding kit

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater82
                              Just to point out...

http://www.zzperformance.com just informed me they added more current products availible to their website.

Intense conctacted me and asked if I am able to go by their place, or send my PCM in for analysis. (also said might be able to work out a discount or free)

I would go by them but obviously not near me, so another G6er might have some luck.
                              where are the new products?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                              Show
                              -20% tint
                              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Working...
                              X