• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather 4 spoke wheel help

I need help.
    Anyone here w/a leather 4 spoke wheel?
    Prefer an 05 but will accept an 06.

All you have to do is unclip the airbag (there is a how to on it)
    You do not have to unplug it. Just unclip & move it up.
    Unplug the steering wheel harness and snap a few dozen good pix of
    the wire location in the harness.

You can see the steering wheel harness here up on top.
    It plugs in right above your clock spring mechanism.

Snap a good pix or three and then just snap your bag back on.

Anyone???

Need snaps of this quality and of this harness:

I made this plea a year ago to silence.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Figured I'll move what I said here from the other thread...

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
    Just another thought...

Is your steering completely not working, or a few buttons not working?

Because you need 10V feeding from the radio for the buttons to work properly. Each button is just a passive pulldown of the voltage line. Got a multimeter handy?
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Everything was dead but the cruise.

MODS:

Comment

what do you need to know the wiring location for an 05 4 spoke wheel or what
        i ask becasuei might be able to get you a diagram of the area in question
        im just asking since well your asking for a picture of an area that you have a picture of

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I need the wire location (alpha slot) of each colored wire within the harness of a leather wheel. I say leather because the leather wheel came with all the controls. Actually more controls than the 3 spoke wheel.

I have that wheel but it wont work. E2helper told me to move the wires around and he provded me with the location. He then dissappeared.

I tried it and got nada.
          I believe that the wire location is wrong. I have yet to see an 05
          controlled up wheels wire location in the harness.

My prayer is that when I get the combo right it will work.
          The wires are there. I have the wheel the radio etc....

MODS:

Comment

i think this is what you need (it is for an 05)

A-B -- -- Not Used

C PK 339 Ignition 1 Voltage

D GY 1884 Cruise Control Switch Signal

E D-BU 1796 Steering Wheel Controls Signal (UK3)

F WH/BK 644 10-Volt Reference (UK3)

G GY 8 Instrument Panel Lamp Supply Voltage

H -- -- Not Used

J TN 28 Horn Relay Control

K BK/WH 651 Ground

i see some differences
            i also see that what i posted says 2 gray wires and you have one? what year wheel did you get and ill try to refrence them to each other

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

E2 said it was an 06 wheel.

My non cotrolled wheel has this config:

My 2006 (?) controlled up wheel came like this:

Moved them to this config but it didnt work:

And now Im stuck.

MODS:

Comment

im not sure it looks like you have everything set up the way it needs to be. just throwing ideas out but maybe the radio isnt set up to accept steering wheel controls

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                  im not sure it looks like you have everything set up the way it needs to be. just throwing ideas out but maybe the radio isnt set up to accept steering wheel controls
                  All the radios have the same pinout at the back, IMO.

I guess you might want to check the wiring harness at the back of the radio, but that involves a lot of taking apart again.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... ing+wheels

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... ing+wheels

The molex harness is the same. All the stereos are programmed to receive the signals. There is no off and on for that in the tech2 (unless I was lied to).
                    Those wires are with the wheel. The wheels has the controls so its all there.

Now how the radio interprets the resister value in this network and obviously I think ive got the wires set wrong.

My problem may be I have a 06 leather wheel and need an 05.

i dunno....Im so befuddled over this...its been coming up on a 3 year ordeal.

MODS:

Comment

i wonder if its not thwe switch
                      maybe it has differnt values or wire locations from year to year

TO THE BAT CAVE

Comment

maybe.....maybe an 08 radio, 05 wiring to an 06 wheel is just tempting fate.

I dont want an 08 wheel though. I love my 4 spoke.

So Im missing a gry wire? Maybe thats the diff in an 05 vs 06 wheel.

MODS:

Comment

no it doesnt look like it ill keeo looking but i think you have everything setup correct and it should work

Comment

TO THE BAT CAVE
                            You mean the values of the resistance from the switches?

The resistance is actually available from eSI, but I only have it for 2005 though. It would be nice to have printouts of that same diagram year to year and compare.
                            <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani

TO THE BAT CAVE
                              You mean the values of the resistance from the switches?

The resistance is actually available from eSI, but I only have it for 2005 though. It would be nice to have printouts of that same diagram year to year and compare.
                              yes SI was the bat cave
                              and the ressistances were the same year to year
                              i would almost say to check and make sure the switches have teh right amout of resistance with a meter
                              connect teh meter between the dark blue and the white and black wires set up to measure ohms

then press each button and the values for each should be as follows

Volume Up 1270 ohms

• Volume Down 1564 ohms

• Play 1912 ohms

• Mute 2387 ohms

• Seek Up 3102 ohms

• Seek Down 4282 ohms

• AM/FM 13,632 ohms

• Pre-Set 6652 ohms

also make sure that you have 10 volts going to the switches via the white and black wire

if all thats ok youll have to check the wiring at the radio

Comment

Working...
                              X