Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my real wood dash kit installed! (lots of 56k pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my real wood dash kit installed! (lots of 56k pics)

So I got my real wood dash kit today from http://www.wooddashexperts.com.
    I went with the real mahogony wood dash kit. It really brings to life the interior of the g6 and gives it a more european feel to the interior. Reminds me a little bit of an audi. The wood is actually darker than the pics show, I used my camera's flash in order to get some good pics cause it was getting dark out. The mahogony color is actually very dark and really matches the factory wood trim color that is availble on the g6. The hardest part of the whole kit is getting the pieces fitted properly. As you can see I didn't get perfect fitment on all pieces.

The only thing that I had a problem with is that the center console trim piece was not an exact fit. It was a little too big for some reason and I had to cut it in order to get it to fit. I don't think that the kit is normally like that, I think that someone at the factory made a little mistake doing my kit. here is what I'm talking about.

Here is the full kit.

I had a couple of spare pieces left over, I dunno what I'm gonna do with it. Maybe I'll just give it away.

Looks Good.

Comment

I'm seeing double
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Oh, if anyone ( meaning woodburyman) is interested, they do offer the same kit in chrome.

Comment

what's that round opening thing in the overhead light for?

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
            what's that round opening thing in the overhead light for?
            I dont know. I think its where a switch or something would be if my car was fully loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
              Oh, if anyone ( meaning woodburyman) is interested, they do offer the same kit in chrome.

2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
              Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
              2005 CGM GTO.
              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan

so how quickly are you going to get your order placed?

Comment

you should see if the would give a new peice of the one that didnt fit right.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                  TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                  Show
                  -20% tint
                  -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                  -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                    I thought about that, but once you install it with the adhesion promoter there is no way to take the kit off without destroying your dash. That stuff is strong!

Comment

Looks really good!!!

Comment

I thought about that, but once you install it with the adhesion promoter there is no way to take the kit off without destroying your dash. That stuff is strong!
                        when I put the kit on my Grand Am, Before I peeled off the backings, I used a little rubber cement to see how it all fit. Then I put everything on after i checked it all. I also didn't put a few pieces on since they didn't fit right as well. Even still your's still looks good!

Comment

aww that sucks, it almost looks like you didnt put that peice in properly after i look at it, imnot trying to insult you, it just looks like you needed to be about a quarter inch lower and theres about a quarter inch towards the bottom of the pic where the shifter starts

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                          TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                          Show
                          -20% tint
                          -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                          -Professionally heated seats

Comment

aww that sucks, it almost looks like you didnt put that peice in properly after i look at it, imnot trying to insult you, it just looks like you needed to be about a quarter inch lower and theres about a quarter inch towards the bottom of the pic where the shifter starts
                            But if you look at the first pic it loos like it is all the way against the center console because i was thinking the same thing untill i looked at the first pic.

Comment

If i'm not mistaken they cut out some of the sections a little larger when there is an inlay with them like the shifter plate.

Comment

Working...
                              X