What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

I've got about $700 to spend. What should I do with it.

12'' Alpine Type R and MR640 Amp
    Custom Exhaust
    or Appearance, intake, & other light mods.

GTR Exhaust
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

im actually thinking of doing a true dual exhaust. I still need to talk to the guys at the local shop.

Comment

I'd say tune and small mods, then exhaust, then sound.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

never thought about the tune. can somebody link me so i can get some more info about it

Comment

I did my Mods in order like this:

1. Intake (eBay n-take)
            2. Chrome Recessed Upper Grills and Chrome Lower Grills
            3. Exhaust (GT-R)
            4. Tune (Vector 93 Octane tune)
            5. Chrome Upper Window, Pillar, and Roof trim.
            4. Intake Again (Got rid of n-take POS and got a D.S. CAB and Stage 4)

I'm planning on doing a big appearance mod by March. Then after that Power Slot brakes in the summer. Then I'm out of things to do .

If I were you..I'd do the Exhaust, either GT-R or do your custom exhaust, one like KMan's. The exhaust is the most expensive and if you got the $ get it done while you have it, otherwise it's harder to save again and the other mods would be cheaper and easier to get later.

You can get the Tune at any time but I would reccomend getting an intake and exhaust first so the tune can be done to adjust for the increased airflow. (Tune info is in the Performance Mods section, Vector has it's own thread there stickied)
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

http://www.vectormotorsports.com
              tune time in Canada

Take your pick. Or search a little and see what you think.

And Woodbury just said all that above me

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Exhaust and intake will make you feel good. Worked for me.
                Tint first if you dont have that....
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

well there is always the Broke G6er fund... where you can make a small donation to myself to help with future mods and car payments!

I'd personally go with some smaller lighter mods, Intake and maybe some appearance to see how you like it and to start out.

Comment

Honestly I think the exhaust in GTR form but if not then go for a tune. That will really wake the car up. Ask chris if he can tune the ecm as if you already have the exhaust and intake. The intake isnt too much either so get that too.
                    Originally posted by Nikki
                    You are an e-pimp.
                    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                    I tried too, my penis way too big
                    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

tune, intake, and strut bar.

Make the car feel alot better.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Originally posted by Lmac83
                        GTR Exhaust

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                        Originally posted by [i
                        Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
                          tune time in Canada

Tune Time is in the states :P Westers is in Canada

Leave the tune for last if you can help it, my Westers tune was worth every penny.

I'd go with an exhaust for now, or audio system upgrade since you listed that first. The exhaust would fit in that quite nicely though.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                            Originally posted by popsicle
                            tune time in Canada

Tune Time is in the states :P Westers is in Canada

Leave the tune for last if you can help it, my Westers tune was worth every penny.

I'd go with an exhaust for now, or audio system upgrade since you listed that first. The exhaust would fit in that quite nicely though.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                            Show
                            -20% tint
                            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Working...
                            X