Auto Windows/Sunroof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Windows/Sunroof

I always thought it would be sweet to have the windows and sunroof close automatically once I'm out of the car and hit the lock button on the keyfob. Has anyone done anything like this? I'm wondering if they sell a module for it or something. I'm generally not allowed to mess with electrical hardware (it usually ends badly), so if it's not an easy solution I'd look into having it done professionally.
    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

not sure, but i do like the fact that even with the key out of the ignition you can still close the windows/sunroof
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
      not sure, but i do like the fact that even with the key out of the ignition you can still close the windows/sunroof
      Yeah, until you open a door.

My windows on the Accord could be put down by holding the unlock button on the remote...but they didn't go up like that. I wish the G6 did have that feature tho...
      2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

they have aftermarket module and relays and kits for this, but the install im sure is complicated considering, installing an alarm is very difficult. I don't know how much a place would charge you to install something like this.
        06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

yea it sucks I always leave the sunroof tilted up when I get out of the car....Audi's have that feature.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

An aftermarket module could be installed to tie in with it. Just depends on how far you want to go.

I'd wait a while until more alarms get into these cars, and all the tricks are played into it.

Comment

I was really hoping to be able to add the feature keeping the existing keyfob and alarm system. I don't want to go to the trouble of adding a new alarm system.
              ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

i know you could hook it up so that locking the doors sends the signal to the windows and sunroof, the problem would be making the power to the windows and sunroof continue for 10 seconds or so after the doors are locked to completely close everything. you would have to hook it up to a type of momentary timer. i am sure they sell something that would work, you just gotta find it

Comment

AeonPurdue:

Call me on my cellphone, I'll give you all the details. It can be done with the factory fob, but if you go with an aftermarket alarm or keyless you can also open them with your remote
                  My GTP is fater than your GTP!

Comment

Hey Stall. If you know how to do this post it up. Im curious myself on how it is done.
                    Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

I found out a little more about this. You can use the existing keyfob/alarm system with Directed Electronics module 529T. It would take one for the windows and one for the sunroof from what I understand. You can also use module 530T with an aftermarket alarm system if you want the ability to roll the windows down as well with the keyfob. Sounds like it's not a do-it-yourselfer (at least for me) so I'm going to call around and see about it.

http://www.directed.com/security/access/oaccess.asp

Comment

in case you want some extra info....here is what DEI says about your windows:

and by the way this is the note posted on their website:

"On the coupes and convertibles, the power window motors have modules built into them. Integration of power window modules is not recommended."

i can't confirm why it is not recommended.

Comment

because they index don't they.. the moduales would prolly mess that up
                          Originally posted by Toyz
                          Originally posted by simplyred
                          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

because they index don't they.. the moduales would prolly mess that up
                            that is a good reason. i would think DEI would just come out with a bypass box like they do with everything else, but who knows. i don't see any reason for the note other than the indexing like you said.

Comment

I would love to hit the unlock button and have the windows go down and sunroof open
                              Originally posted by Toyz
                              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X