How do you remove...NVM, GOT IT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you remove...NVM, GOT IT!

the plastic piece in the top of the little cubby whole in front of the gear shifter under the radio and ac controls? I need to pull it out so that I can drill a whole in it. Thanks!

Nate
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

I don't know. But I think with the g6 you need to pull out a whole bunch of stuff to get it out. Use search-there is a thread somewhere on how t do that.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

how to section second thread (ragingfish write up) shows you how to get to the top of it. I ddint know it was removeable though.
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Once you've ripped the dash apart you can just pull that piece off. You will need to at least remove the HVAC controls to get at it.

What are you putting there? I've got my subwoofer control mounted there.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
          Once you've ripped the dash apart you can just pull that piece off. You will need to at least remove the HVAC controls to get at it.

What are you putting there? I've got my subwoofer control mounted there.
          That's where I'm putting the switch for the cigarette port from the other thread :-)

Comment

Why would want to remove it?

If you accidentally pushed it up, you can push it back down by removing the side fuse panel and reach for it in there.

Very easy fix.
            <-- Gray G6? Click!
            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
            2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
            Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

It's easier to drill a hole in it if it's been removed.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                Why would want to remove it?

If you accidentally pushed it up, you can push it back down by removing the side fuse panel and reach for it in there.

Very easy fix.
                The reason is in the first post. I need to drill a hole in it for my switch for my cigarette lighter port mod.

Comment

I also mounted a switch there for my radar detector.

You CAN get it out via pulling off the driver side panel, similar to the fuse panel on the passenger side, however, putting it back in is going to be a bitch. So unless you're gonna be using your car while you procrastinate over drilling the hole for the switch pull the dash apart, which is a 5 minute process to do once you've done it once and you'll have an easier time lining it all up and putting it back in place.

Also, pulling it out via the driver side panel is a risk of snapping one of the clips that hold it in place, meaning when you re-seat it, it might not be as firm as it was.

Either way, your dash is coming apart
                  The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Well, thanks everybody for the suggestions, but after reading how much I'd have to do to take the dash apart, I decided to try my luck with an L-pic (similar to what you'd see at the dentists office). After trying two different approaches, the two tabs came right out and I was able to extract it via the fuse box door. Now, the drilling can commence !!!

Nate

Comment

Mine came out with the center console except I put the panel in after I replaced the console and broke one of the clips. It still stays in pretty well though. O well.
                      Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                      - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                      - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Yea I got mine out when I installed my Pioneer radio with the screen. I used it for a switch to allow dvds to play while the car was in drive
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                        X