Preview: 2007 Jaguar XK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview: 2007 Jaguar XK

Side note: I love the commercial for this car. From a marketing standpoint, I don't think there could be a better one for the target market as well as the target enthusiast. Anyway, here's the story...

Full text here.

Jaguar tries to recapture the sports car market with its new XK coupe and convertible.

The slightly heavier XK convertible reaches 0 to 60 mph in 6.3 seconds—one tenth slower than the coupe. It offers a six-speed ZF automatic with a new shift mechanism, an L-shaped gate on the center console, and a pair of steering wheel paddles. The new XK looks every inch a Jaguar. The sharp creases makes the car look lighter, leaner, and more buffed.

Despite having less trunk space than the outgoing XK8, Jaguar maintains the crucial two-golf-bags criteria is still met.

Ever since the demise of the fabled E-Type, Jaguar has struggled to produce a worthy sports car successor.
    Both the company and its customers have been seduced by the siren calls of luxury and comfort; cars like the XJ Series and XK8 were good enough performers and handlers, but lacked the sporting edge of the E-Type, or its predecessors, the XK120, XK140 and XK150.

Can the new 2007 XK coupe and convertible recapture the glory?
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

look like cavalier headlights
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I always liked the new 2000-ish redisinged XK8...... but the cool car I like alot is its performance brother the XKR with that superchared 4.0L V8 :smoke: i accally looked at few before getting the GTP of corse used cuz new there like 60-70K and insurance wasnt bad but could only find a a 2000-2001 XK8 for like 29K with like 100K on it and one XKR for like 35K with like 120K on it...... obvously with no suprise out of my price range lol
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
      X