Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Lexus LS 600h L

Full Article Here

Toyota's premium brand launches a hybrid version of its flagship sedan.

Lexus presented the 2008 LS 600h L on April 12 during the Press Preview at the 2006 New York Auto Show, describing the car as an important chapter in the evolution and elevation of the Lexus flagship model.
    The 2008 LS 600h L will be the first luxury hybrid sedan to feature a full-hybrid V8 powertrain, combining an all-new 5.0-liter gasoline engine with large, high-output electric motors and a newly designed large-capacity battery pack. The new hybrid powertrain will be named Lexus Hybrid Drive and the name will be used for all Lexus hybrid models.

Power is delivered through a new full-time all-wheel-drive system and a new dual-stage electronically controlled continuously variable transmission for seamless acceleration. The Lexus Hybrid Drive will deliver a new level of balance between environmental efficiency and performance, with a peak power rating of more than 430 horsepower.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

wow that much from a hybrid, nice

Comment

High-tech amenities for the 2008 Lexus LS 600h L include voice-activated hard disk drive Navigation with Bluetooth technology and XM Radio real-time traffic, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system with a 9-inch drop-down screen, and a specially developed 19-speaker 450-watt Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound audio system. The LS 600h L is the world's first vehicle to be equipped with LED headlights for nighttime and low-beam use.

that is a nice system too

Comment

Think they'll do an even trade for my G6? Probably not
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

try it out and let us know

wonder what the mileage is on it

Comment

Judging on what I know about hybrids(Toyota), it will probably get roughly 35 in the city and probably 29 on the highway, I could be wrong. It's a close guestimate.

SSSS member #2

Comment

well the 450h is a V6 with a combined hp of 339, and its mileage is 27/28 (city/hwy), so this one is probably less. But the 450h costs $56,000 so I can only imagine what this one will cost
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

It shouldn't be less. It's a hybrid. It should be roughly what I said.

SSSS member #2

Comment

but you're working with a bigger gasoline engine.
                  -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Yeah, but it has more powerful hybrid motors I believe. And the highlander v-6 is a 4 wheel drive and that gets 33 in the city and 29 on the highway i believe. Like I said, it was just a guestimate.

SSSS member #2

Comment

yep. I'm sure we'll found out shortly.
                      -Mike #1

Comment

Fo Shizzle.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Working...
                        X