Steering Wheel Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Wheel Controls

I just purchased an 06 GTP Sedan, Fully loaded minus XM and the 6 disc cd changer...I am looking to install the in dash navi system by pioneer and I was wondering, since, essentially, I'm ripping out the DIC, if the settings that I have stored in my DIC will remain after I remove it, and will the steering wheel mounted audio controls (Three spoke wheel) continue to work after I install the navi system...? And last, will my OnStar still work? Thanks...

I would imagine the functioned saved by the DIC would still work, because thats just the display the setting should be saved in the BCM or some other computer. As far as the steering wheel controls and On Star, in other vehicles you needed a special interface to keep everything working when changing out the headunit, I don't know if you need one for this car as well!!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

You will lose onstar and the DIC controls. It should retain the settings that you've programmed.

The Metra kit has an Onstar interface built into it, but that kit won't work with an flush mounted LCD.

You will lose your steering wheel controls as well. You may be able to find a kit for this from Pioneer.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
      X