where should I put my new badges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where should I put my new badges?

Well I ordered up two new pontiac dart badges and I'm sure where I wanna put them. I've come up with a couple of possible locations but I can't quite decide.

here is the drivers side door post on the chrome trim

here is the bottom front of the drivers side door

and here is on the inside of the front doors, on the drivers side

Please note, I would do both sides of the car in the same fashion, I simply said "drivers side" to give a reference point for the pictures.

I'm thinking on the outside of the doors. See if you can get some masking tape and just use a little to tack it on to see how it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
      I'm thinking on the outside of the doors. See if you can get some masking tape and just use a little to tack it on to see how it looks.
      agreed
      in place of the GM badges
      i think Colin mocked up something like that a while back

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... =bored+one

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
        well, right now I can't cause the badges I ordered from GM have two posts on the back of them sticking out. So thats why I gonna buy a dremel tommorrow and "dremel" off the posts.

Comment

Put it where my Indian is....

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

On the outside of the doors, where everyone else is saying to put it.

Comment

I put mine on the outside of the door right where you're showing yours to.

best spot for it.

I have the same ones as are on the front of the car, on my sides and they're a little too big, I have smaller ones, same size as rear that I'm going to replace them with.... just haven't gotten around to it yet....

I haven't taken a picture of just that logo on the side yet, so this is the best i have of it on my car...
              The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

^^^ I think your right. Gonna have to get a dremel either way cause the trunk darts have two little posts sticking out of the back of them that get in the way of proper application. I was thinking about ordering 2 more and putting them on the inside of the front doors. The all black look to the interior is kinda drab.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon

X2

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                  Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

My darts don't have pegs on them.

I pulled 'em off a couple wrecked G5's. Same goes for the bigger darts I got, took them off the rear of a G6.

Only the front emblem has the peg on it.
                    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
                      Originally posted by Lampoon

X2
                      x3
                      ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                      .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

This may sound wierd... but on the engine cover. Give that poor Chevy engine some Pontiac identity.

Putting it on the door like you showed is so 90s. It reminds of some older Oldsmobiles when they had badges in the door.
                        <-- Gray G6? Click!
                        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Yup where i put my GT |
                          v
                          I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question.
                          Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
                          'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'
                          'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'
                          'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'
                          I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible.
                          I chose... Rapture.

Comment

I agree with everyones assessment on placement. I also think they are too big too.
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

quick chop for ya.

....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                              .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Working...
                              X