Shift Knob??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Knob??

What's up guys, read the other post on this topic on page 4 but I'm still not able to get my knob off. That catch at the very top of the knob in the pictures I've seen doesn't look like it would allow for it to just be pulled off. Tried the 4th gear trick too, didn't budge.Anybody with the same trouble? Do I need to work out or something??
    2006 FOM GTP 6MT
    Current Mods:Racingline Strut Bar/Motor Mounts, Injen Clone CAI,KYB Struts,
    10" Solobaric L7, 2200 watt Power Akoustic Amp, 5 farad Cap, 3000k HID Fogs, r1 Premium Rotors/Ceramic pads,Redline Tunning QUICKLIFTS, 'HDGDS' Lip,All debaged except GTP, all black arrowhead overlays, eyebrow overlays.

what kind of shiter knob are you trying to get off auto or manual
    im assuming manual but you know what they say about assuming

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

If your knob isn't coming, just pull it harder.

Comment

It's the 6spd. That's why I tried pulling it off in 4th but the angle didn't help any. jnak, I had a feeling you'd say that with what you already posted on this topic. I'm going to pre-order the rest of my shifter assembly and change my underwear if I pull any harder.
        2006 FOM GTP 6MT
        10" Solobaric L7, 2200 watt Power Akoustic Amp, 5 farad Cap, 3000k HID Fogs, r1 Premium Rotors/Ceramic pads,Redline Tunning QUICKLIFTS, 'HDGDS' Lip,All debaged except GTP, all black arrowhead overlays, eyebrow overlays.

Comment

Any other input would be greatly appriciated. Still having the same issue, won't budge. Heard a rumor about glued on knobs from factory, probably getting my chain yanked. Anybody run into this problem though? Words of wisdom?
          2006 FOM GTP 6MT

Comment

Well I had mine replaced, under warranty,at the dealer I used to work at and the mechanic told me that it was just pushed on. So all you would have to do is pull really hard to get it off. There shouldn't be anything holding it on there.
            Blue Man Group Member #22 '06 GTP Sedan 6MT Electric Blue Lease trade in
            Now, 04 GP Comp G White: Tint, STB's, Intake, Trans cooler, Overkilled, HID's, and a few other misc. things.

Comment

Originally posted by slick6gtp
              Well I had mine replaced, under warranty,at the dealer I used to work at and the mechanic told me that it was just pushed on. So all you would have to do is pull really hard to get it off. There shouldn't be anything holding it on there.
              Guess I'm just too worried about damaging my shifter assembly. I'll give it another shot when I debadge on tuesday. Thanks.
              2006 FOM GTP 6MT

Comment

Didn't want to wait. Worked up the anger to get it off. Problem is I know have a "R" on the bridge of my noise were the shifter knob met with it. Oh well,thanks for the input. Good-bye stock, hello MOMO.
                2006 FOM GTP 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Withoutaname14201
                  Didn't want to wait. Worked up the anger to get it off. Problem is I know have a "R" on the bridge of my noise were the shifter knob met with it. Oh well,thanks for the input. Good-bye stock, hello MOMO.

glad you got it off though

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by Withoutaname14201
                    I was wondering if that was gonna happen. Lets see what the new one looks like.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Ouch. Got any pics of the new one?

Comment

I will go ahead and say this now. MOMO KNOB'S DO NOT FIT THE G6 adapters or not. Atleast my model didn't. Spent about two hours last night with a Dremel and finally got it to fit. Problem now is, the stock reverse spring is putting the new knob up about a 1/2 inch past 'retarted'. The only option I seem to have now is to cut a few links off the reverse spring, good idea or bad?
                        2006 FOM GTP 6MT

Comment

Re: Shift Knob??

I was really hoping it would work for you. I've been eyeballing a momo shift knob for a while, and I wondered if it would work...

IDk about cutting the spring.....

Comment

Re: Shift Knob??

it will compromise the strength of the spring if you cut it

besides that i dont see any issue

Comment

Working...
                            X