This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water + Seatbelt = The Suck

So it is raining like we haven't had it in 10 years in Chicago...

I get in my car after about 4 hours of it and my seatbelt is soaked. Not the part that is out of the pillar, the retracted part, so I am getting a leak somewhere in the B pillar that is soaking my seatbelt! Time to go to the dealer since I already need to have my moonroof looked at since it won't close most of the time and my radio has a red blotch on it randomly...

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Funny you should mention that. The other day after it rained mine was pretty wet too. But it had rained other times and it was never wet. It just happened this once.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Well Just to let you both know, I just had my car in for warrenty on the same exact thing, if you have a sunroof, they are saying that the tracking for it wasn't installed from factory correctly, also a lot of drain tubes not getting hooked back up correctly.
      ~ Nick
      ----------------
      2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
      Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

Awesome! I will bring that up!

Thanks,

John

Comment

It's a friggin' monsoon here too
          "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

is it for the regular sunroof? or the pani roof?

Comment

I had the same problem. The dealer said the Sunroof drainage tube became dislodged from the main drainage tube. They seemed to fix the problem since it poured here the other day and everything was dry.
              By the way, I have the regular sunroof on the coupe.

Comment

Coupe = regular roof!

Comment

definitley the sun roof guys. i just had three inches of water on the floor of the back and front seats. Had to get GM involved and they came out to oversea the repair.

They told me it was the drainage from the roof not hooked up from teh factory. watch out for water in your car.
                  I've had to have the carpet replaced there was so much freakin water in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
                    Coupe = regular roof!
                    gotcha

Comment

It rained like a monsoon here yesterday and I did not get very much so I don't think I have to worry about that, THANKFULLY!

Comment

The first two days I had my car it rained extremely heavy on it but no leak...I have the sunroof too, not a pani since I have the coupe, also, I took it through a no touch car wash and the jets are pretty intense with no leaking, I hope it doesnt happen over time tho...
                        Black '06 G6 GTP Coupe - Stock for now!

Comment

well it was raining tonight and the seatbelts were wet again, but only the retracted part, as mentioned in the first post. The seats and floor were dry. Anybody know where this so-called "drainage tube" is? Is it visible when the sunroof is open? Where exactly does it run?
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Just set your car on fire.
                            Originally posted by Nikki
                            You are an e-pimp.
                            Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                            I tried too, my penis way too big
                            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                            My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                            The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

had the same problem and took it in and they fixed on the driver side and now the passenger side seatbelt and the floor behind passenger is soaked whenever it rains. tired of going to the f'n dealership.
                              bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

Working...
                              X