This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Fluid....

Ive had my G6 for 5000 miles so one day it occured to me that I should maybe look at my transmission fluid level. First finding the damn thing took a couple of minutes and a look in the manual but I finally found it. After that I pulled it out expecting a dipstick of some kind...but there wasnt one. Again I refered back to the owners manual and it said you can check the transmission fluid yourself or at the dealer...and thats all it basically said. So im kind of in a jam here, I really dont have time to go the dealership to check something so easy as the transmission fluid but I was wondering if anyone could back me on this.

I appreciate the help,
    George

3600, Granite Metallic, 5600 miles, Kicker/Power Acoustic Sound

I'm confused, are you saying there is or isn't a dipstick?

I haven't looked myself, but some cars have a bolt underneath the car that you unscrew to check the level. Like you take it out and fill tranny fluid until it starts to come out the hole. My last car had that, never caused me any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire

I haven't looked myself, but some cars have a bolt underneath the car that you unscrew to check the level. Like you take it out and fill tranny fluid until it starts to come out the hole. My last car had that, never caused me any problems.
      You are exactly right, the 4T45E has NO dipstick it has a damn bolt.

At 5000 Miles I wouldn't worry.
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
        Originally posted by Interfire

You are exactly right, the 4T45E has NO dipstick it has a damn bolt.

At 5000 Miles I wouldn't worry.
        Are you serious?? That sux

Comment

Working...
        X