Weird interior trim combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird interior trim combo

My car has the silver trim around the steering wheel controls (which I really like) but for some reason they put woodgrain on the door trim (which I HATE). It doesn't match anything else in the interior. Anyone know how to find a reasonably priced silver trim replacement for the doors? I'd prefer the actual OEM replacement parts, not any stick-on kits or anything. I've considered taking it apart and trying to paint it myself, but I doubt it would be a good match. I wouldn't mind having the silver around the shifter either.
    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

that is odd to me, why would they mix it, messed up maybe? take it in and see if they can swap it out

Comment

My sales person said he will check with parts department tomorrow. I can't find the OEM parts anywhere online
      ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

I think that's the way the wood-grain trim models come. I've seen many pictures of it:

Not sure if they'd swap that out for you free of charge. I found the gunmetal silver driver side door trim on newchevroletparts for around $30...so you'd probably have to pay close to $100 to have the door and center shift trim panels replaced to silver.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

could always go with a vinyl kit from Ebay if you really wanted. :P
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

GTPGuy, that's interesting. I've got the 6MT coupe. It has no trim around the shifter, but that may be normal.

Comment

My 6MT Coupe has the wood grain on the door handles as well. My steering wheel accents are silver and there is a silver ring around the outside of the shifter (outside of the leather boot).

A few people have told me that they like my car's wood grain on the handles. It's just enough to be noticed, but not enough to overpower the feel of the interior. If I had to look at more wood trim near the gear selector I might feel differently about it.
              2006 Crimson GTP Coupe - Debadged - Painted Engine Cover

Comment

i think all the GTPs come with the woodgrain, or maybe it was the special package thing you can get with them. i hate the stuff so i will be replacing mine with stock silver trim pieces when i get the chance.

Comment

I have the same problem with the trim mix up!!!!!!

Well the dealership said it sould not come like that!! But they called the factory they say it does, well that is BS it looks like crap!!! One freakin piece of woodgrain on the driverside door!! The dealership odered me a new piece then tried to make me pay for it... no thanks...it is suppose to be all woodgrain or all silver on the package.. at least that is what is says on that window sticker and all of the other GTP's i have seen look uniform!!! Fortunately in my case, the super nice saleman that sold me the car offered to pay for because he thougt it was BS also!!!
                  [/b]

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                    i think all the GTPs come with the woodgrain, or maybe it was the special package thing you can get with them. i hate the stuff so i will be replacing mine with stock silver trim pieces when i get the chance.
                    I have a GTP and mine came with all silver accents. I have the black and grey leather.
                    "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

Yeah those wood trim kits look nasty.

Fugly.

Comment

Most people tell me it doesn't look too bad, but I've always hated the whole fake woodgrain thing. Just a matter of personal taste I guess.

Comment

Wow bold is hard to read.
                          Originally posted by Nikki
                          You are an e-pimp.
                          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                          I tried too, my penis way too big
                          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

yeah im not too fond of the fake woodgrain either, its supose to be one or the other
                            06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

Originally posted by adrenaline_junkie75
                              I have a GTP and mine came with all silver accents. I have the black and grey leather.
                              really? damnit when i ordered mine the guy told me that i could not get anything but the woodgrain crap. i figured it was either the GTP or the premium value package that it came with. maybe he just didn't know any better.

Comment

Working...
                              X