Front lower grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front lower grills

anyone know whats the easiest way to get the front lower grills out?
    Mods so far...black arrow over lays. blue door sill over lays. painted intake and engine over..more to come

they are only held in by adhesive to my knowledge

if you take the bottom cover off and work a sharp flat object back and forth to cut the adhesive they should pop right out, i was using a credit card to cut thru but that was to hard

Comment

also on these, once you have the bottom cover off you can see the i think 4 tabs that also hold it in, but the adhesive is strong so worry about getting that loos first

Comment

grills

they are held on by 2 push pins and 3m tape just pry it off very slowly and it will come.

Comment

"ding ding ding"

A plastic panel remover is your GOD when taking them out. There are fricting clips on the back molded in.. careful when you pull on it or you'll break the tabs (not a huge deal- just use more adhesive tape)

Make sur eyou use automotive grade 3m double tape (grey colored with a red tape on it).

remvoing the adhesive tape form both the bumper and the grill is a MUST DO.. and is an absoluite PAIN IN THE ASS! Take your time with a razor blade.
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

ill defn second that pain in the rear comment

for a faster method, take a hand held grinding wheel and go across it, take tape off and smooth the surface at same time

but be careful!!

Comment

and don't cut the bumper
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
              X