Chrome exhaust pipe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome exhaust pipe...

Hey all, its been a while but I have a question...I wanted to know how you all keep your chrome exhaust pipe clean...mine is always black from the exhaust at the bottom...I use windex to clean, but it doesn't seem to get all the exhaust off....
    do you guys clean yours with chrome polish or anything after every drive? it seems to be dirty everytime I look at it...thanks in advance,
    Lauren
    2007 G6 GT Sedan--blue-gold crystal metallic. Panoramic roof, leather seats, remote starter, what more can you ask for!!
    Chrome uppers & lowers!!!! Blinded by the chrome!!!
    GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

Official Blueman Group inductee!!

i clean mine up real good with dish detergent and a sos pad

then apply some polish/wax and that helps it from building up so fast

Comment

Use either Meguiar's NXT All Metal Polysh, or Mothers' Mag and Wheel cleaner. Wash the tip, put some polish on a terry cloth and work against the metal. It works great.

Once you're done you can wax the tip to help keep it shiny.

Comment

^ X2 Mother's Mag & wheel cleaner.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Once the tip starts pitting though there's nothing you can do about it.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Ive noticed that it happens because of the water vapor in the exhaust. It drips down and gets dirty, hence getting the tip dirty. I was considering drilling a hole about 4" towards the front of the car, on the metal thats not polished. That would allow the water to drain through the hole, and not through the tip. What do you guys think?

Comment

i wouldn't just because it could change the tone of the exhaust, and could make it whistle or something random like that.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
              Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
              Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
              -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

My Magnaflow tips have holes in them for drainage.
                No whistling that I can hear.
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

it just seems like a hole with air moving over it could cause some noise, but i don't know just a thought

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                  Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                  Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                  -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

It might, but I don't think it'd be loud enough to hear over the engine, exaust, or other road noise.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

The G5 tip comes with a hole in it for drainage. No weird noises out of that one either. I mean, other than the regular 4cyl engine note.

Comment

Hmm. I dunno if I want to be the test rat for this. Hehe.

Comment

Working...
                        X