Sirius SAT Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirius SAT Radio

I just installed the new Sirius XACT Replay SAT radio tonight. It rawks!

Ill post some pix today!

L8R,
    Sterling
    2006 G6 GT Black 4 Door. Remote Start, Black Heated Leather, Three Spoke Wheel w/ cruise and Radio Controls,RED calipers by DupliColor, 27% Tint,Vent Visors, Hood Lift Kit, Nokya Artic White H/L Bulbs. 2 10" Infinity Subs w/960RMS Amp.
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slrkappa/ ... EBJMLIV8fX
    USMC F18 Jet Mechanic.

Cool, Looking forward to the pix.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Here is what it looks like.

L8R,
      Sterling
      2006 G6 GT Black 4 Door. Remote Start, Black Heated Leather, Three Spoke Wheel w/ cruise and Radio Controls,RED calipers by DupliColor, 27% Tint,Vent Visors, Hood Lift Kit, Nokya Artic White H/L Bulbs. 2 10" Infinity Subs w/960RMS Amp.
      USMC F18 Jet Mechanic.

Comment

Here's a pic of mine (wires are hidden now, in the pic it looks kinda bad). Mine lights up the same color as the dash(sirius starmate, but I dont think they sell it anymore)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... 3d53a47ec1[/img]
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

i'm waiting til the sirius converter comes out so i can just use the stock radio to control sirius
          -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Nice, I have the Replay just cause I like to pause the music and what not-not sure if all those do that or not?
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I went with the Replay version so I can rewind too. It was only $80 instead of $50 so I think it was worth it.

L8R,
              Sterling
              USMC F18 Jet Mechanic.

Comment

i also have a replay, i mounted mine right next to my rear view mirror and hid all the wires in the weather stripping. had to extend the power wires tho...

Comment

I remounted mine above the rear view mirror now. I also hid the wires up in the headliner and extended the power wire which is hardwired to the car now.
                  While I was at it I cut off my radar dectectors stupid plug and hard wired it as well.

L8R,
                  Sterling
                  USMC F18 Jet Mechanic.

Comment

That looks cool. Is that the antenna above the center vents?
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by G6GTexasChick
                      I love my Sirius. I have posted on like 3 different topics about my radio but I will put up some pics on here too!

They ran the antenna alongside the weather strip thing in my window and then ran it through the engine and up into my dash. I used an after market bracket and that was like 20 bucks or something but with that I was able to put it sitting right next to my radio rather than using the big bulky suction cup thing you get when you buy the radio.

Here are pictures from the front and a side view.

-Amanda
                      2006 G6 GT
                      "The G Spot" lol
                      loaded and all that good stuff (-onstar and XM)
                      Sirius Sportster Replay
                      2 Alpine 12's, Alpine Amp....yea I'm cool.

Comment

ack whats with all the blue? I wanna red one, but its gonna be xm unless you can convince to go the otherway
                        BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

How does your radio work with the antenna on the dash?

I have an XM Roady that I want to use in my car. Bu the window moldings on my car do not seem deep enough to totally hide the wire properly for an outside installation.

I was considering trying the antenna on the dash, but didn't think it would work. It would be nice if it did. Would make drive through washes easier.

Can you share your experience please.?

I know the Sirius satellites are more directly overhead, where the XM satellites are over Mexico. I don't know if that would make a difference or not.
                          - 2007 Granite Metallic GT Sedan/ Black Leather w/ Sport package;
                          -Alpine CDA-9883, Infinity Reference 6-1/2, Polk DB690, Alpine Mono sub amp, Polk 12" sub;
                          -Dr. Speed Stage 2 intake;
                          - PIAA H11 yellow fogs;
                          - 6000K HID kit;

Comment

Originally posted by Digger

I have an XM Roady that I want to use in my car. Bu the window moldings on my car do not seem deep enough to totally hide the wire properly for an outside installation.

I was considering trying the antenna on the dash, but didn't think it would work. It would be nice if it did. Would make drive through washes easier.

I know the Sirius satellites are more directly overhead, where the XM satellites are over Mexico. I don't know if that would make a difference or not.
                            The window moldings are plenty deep! The dude at BestBuy just ran it down along my window then through the engine and up through the dash. No problems at all with car washes either. Nothing has gone wrong.
                            -Amanda
                            2006 G6 GT
                            "The G Spot" lol
                            loaded and all that good stuff (-onstar and XM)
                            Sirius Sportster Replay
                            2 Alpine 12's, Alpine Amp....yea I'm cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger

As said, definitely can be done!

I installed a XM SkyFi 2 for my dad in his 05 sedan. Located the XM antenna right in front of the OnStar antenna:

And put the SkyFi unit right next to the radio:

All wiring is hidden and run through the dash. He's had it for almost a year and never had a problem with water or reception.

Oh, and no offense to anyone here, but Sirius seriously sucks. :P
                              2009 PONTIAC G8
                              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X