• Show
Clear All

• Injen CAI

Brand: Injen
    Price: $275
    Purchased From: Rayco II Little Ferry, NJ

Installation: Easy
    Installation Time: 30 min
    Any Installation Tips You Have: It is a pain to get the airbox resonator out, I just cut it with a sawzall

Quality of Part: 8
    Product Performance: 10
    Would you Recommend to Others: Yes

Any Other Comments: I know I paid a little more than the going website rate, but I like to support local shops. When you switch it over to a short ram the pipe rubs on the hood's heatshield, Other than that I am happy with it
    2005 stealth grey G6 GT
    red painted calipers
    XM Roady 2
    Redline Tuning Quicklifts
    Ingen Intake
    GT-R Exhaust
    Polished GM Performance Strut Bar
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2165313

problem with the intake

The weld broke from the support and pipe. Now there is a hole in it. Called injen and they said theyy will replace it
    hope the replacement is better. Especially since i didn't even have it for 2 months
    2005 stealth grey G6 GT
    red painted calipers
    XM Roady 2
    Ingen Intake
    GT-R Exhaust

Comment

I think this problem has to do with the engine twisting back and forther and over time the mounts wear because the aluminum finally breaks.

It's not a matter of cheap aluminum or bad welds, just a bad design. Their design (Injen, not Pontiac) was flawed from the very beginning. The engine is mounted transversly, which is apparent to anybody with eyes once you open the hood. When the engine is revved or anytime your transmission shifts, the engine will have slight front to back movement. So why would they use hard mounting points that secure it to the front of the car? It just seems like they didn't take too much time thinking about durability.
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

It seems like there are alot of people complaining about this happening to their intakes. i had one that broke also. I sent mine back about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten the replacement part yet. They do a very bad job of keeping in touch with you also. I keep sending them emails and they dont respond to them. I am getting ready to ask for money back because they have me waiting to long.

Comment

i got mine bace awhile ago forgot to post.

The new tube hase a double brace one from the side and one from the front of the tube they are welded togeather and go to the same mounting point.

The welds look stronger. Only time will tell
          2005 stealth grey G6 GT
          red painted calipers
          XM Roady 2
          Ingen Intake
          GT-R Exhaust

Comment

Re: Injen CAI

First off I apologize for reviving a pretty much dead thread, but I ordered my Injen CAI thru AJUSA.com. I ordered the one with the black tubing on June 12, 2008.

I've called several times to finally be told today that the Black CAI has been backordered by Injen. Very slow in finding this out. So far...I'm pretty disappointed...it's been almost 2 months and I still don't have a CAI...which is holding up the install for ECM.

Just my thoughts...
            BALLZ ~ 2006 Pontiac G6 GT Black
            Present Mods: 35% Tint ~ GT-R Exhaust ~ Injen CAI ~ WAMS 93 Tune
            Future Mods: GXP Kit ~ Red StreetGlow ~ Random Red Accents

Comment

Get your money back. Go with a cold air box or a Ingen clone or buy an Ingen from someone who has them instock.
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Well about 20 minutes after posting this I gave AJUSA one more call and they said they would press the InJen rep for a shipping date. I got home from work about 345 and found an email from AJUSA saying my CAI would be shipped in 2-3 business days.

Then about an hour after that...I got another email with the FedEx tracking number...so my CAI should be here by Saturday. Thank God...cuz not I can install that and my VMS tune...

Looking forward to feeling the difference all this creates. Now I just gotta get a HSRK and I'll be done for a while.

Comment

you do know you can install the tune even without the intake it may run a little rich but you can still put it in.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                  Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                  Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                  -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Good deal. The squeeky wheel got the oil!

Post up snaps when you get it all in!

MODS:

Comment

Originally posted by Hello
                      you do know you can install the tune even without the intake it may run a little rich but you can still put it in.
                      I kinda figured I could...but I don't want it running rich...I'd rather wait and get the full effect...

Originally posted by Lampoon
                      Good deal. The squeeky wheel got the oil!

Post up snaps when you get it all in!
                      I'll work on getting some pics when I get it all in...I'm going thru a move so it might be a while...but I'll work on it...

Comment

I know Im reviving an old thread but I bought my Injen CAI back in Aug 06 and I have not had one crack or anything like that. I think Injen made a great CAI for our cars. I have made multiple trips to TN, NJ, MD and I have had absolutely no issues. Yes the DOCs intake is cheaper, but Ive always gone with Injen in my other cars and I have not once worried about their quality. Just wanted to throw that out there, and if you dont believe me, you come over to my house and Ill show you.

Black Injen CAI bought Aug 06, 31k+ miles and still going strong.

Comment

I dont believe you....

MODS:

Comment

I think they fixed their design a while ago.

Ask Ray.

Comment

Who is Ray?

MODS:

Comment

Working...
                              X