Road tar/black speck removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road tar/black speck removal

One of the most annoying things i've noticed with keeping my car clean are the little black gooey gummy specks of tar/dirt that stick to the side doors and behind the wheel wells. I don't have mud flaps so that makes things worse. Every time it rains/snows or whatever those specks show up. Is there anything I can use that will easily remove them without much effort?

Currently it seems the only way I can remove every speck is heavy manual labor by rubbing and rubbing with a microfiber and some quick detail spray and even then I will miss some.
    '07 GT Sedan Granite Metallic: http://www.fquick.com/achg6gt

Pick up some Meguiars GC bug and tar remover, that will take it off no problems. Just spray some on a microfiber/terry and rub or spray on the car and wipe it off that way. Either way that stuff is the best thing I've used to take off tar and whatnot, it even easily removed undercoating overspray very easily and that stuff is quite durable and hard to remove.

Clay bars, window cleaners, detailing spray, paint cleaners ie polishes, even some waxes will remove some also. You can try other brands but that is the best stuff I have come across thus far. If your detailing spray is working good then you can stick with that, I use NXT detailing spray/Ultimate quik detailer for the same thing you seem to be describing and it cuts right through it. But if you are having a hard time (dunno what you are using) then I would highly suggest the first option, considering I have zero problems with lighter stuff using detailing spray. If you have to sit there and rub more than a couple passes, def go to something with more bite. ^

Comment

Great, I'll give that a try then. Ive been using meg quik detail spray and doesn't make the sticky stuff come off too easy unless I spray a whole lot. Thanks!
      '07 GT Sedan Granite Metallic: http://www.fquick.com/achg6gt

Comment

Yeah sounds like this is what you want, I use the detailing spray for the lighter stuff but the gold class b/t remover will take it right off. The nice thing about it too is it has conditioning oils in it.

Comment

Will the bug and tar remover also remove any wax on the car?

Comment

WD-40. Then Wash
            Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
              Will the bug and tar remover also remove any wax on the car?
              Not that stuff, but some still will remove some. Especially if you leave it on there for a while. As long as they have some conditioning oils then they won't remove any noticeable protection. If a person wants they can always hit that area with detailing spray after for a good quick combo.

Comment

Re: Road tar/black speck removal

I use diesel or kerosene.

Just spot spray the area, wait a couple of seconds, wipe clean.
                Followed by a degreaser soap and wax

Comment

Working...
                X