*DAMAGED* GTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *DAMAGED* GTP

For those of you who have a 6-speed GTP, you will know that it must be shifted into reverse to remove the key from the ignition. Well if you park in a garage, here is some advice, when you go to start it up again don't forget to shift it into neutral before releasing the clutch especially when the door is open or else....

Ever since I've driven manual I've always left the car in neutral and applied the parking brake. I never had the habit of leaving it in gear when parked, so consequently I never had the habit of shifting it into neutral after starting either. It was an accident waiting to happen.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Don't Care
    0%
    2006 Fusion Orange G6 GTPOS Coupe 6MT ~ #75
    Vision Bulbs 6000k HID Xenon low beams

Ouch! fuck man, that sucks! I hate the stupid reverse lockout crap.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Holy hell! Raw deal mann... Wish I could say "Go After GM" but I don't think that's feasible.. Let us know how much the auto body bill racks up to.
      2006 G6 GT Sedan w/Pano. Roof - Ponty
      2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Creampie
      2002 VW Beetle Turbo S - Frosty (Ask the wife)
      2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport - The Black Bitch!

Comment

That really sucks

For me tho, its just like natural to put it in neutral right after starting it

But yeah, I don't really like the whole reverse lockout thing either.
        2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Damn GM 'tards. I voted Don't Care because I have an automatic. That sight almost made me cry though.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Thats probably why there is that how-to on disabling that lock out thing
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Put down the gun and razor. It will be ok. I am feeling for ya. Do the lock out mod in the how to. This will never happen because of that issue again. Good luck. That shit will buff out. lol
              Originally posted by Nikki
              You are an e-pimp.
              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
              I tried too, my penis way too big
              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Ouch Borrent!

I feel for you man. The good news is that Laurie Williamson has an excellent body shop. Or Applewood Chev/Cadillac.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

The thing that sucks is that he even has to mod it to begin with to fix it. It shouldn't be like that.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i think it is a good idea

but i think it should have to be put back in neutral to start

Comment

Most cars REQUIRE that the car is in Neutral to start.. atleast every manual trans'd new car I test drove before the GTP. Nopt so much as far as conveneice.. but safety. As in your part.

Borrent... I would actually contact GM over this.. it's a SERIOUS issue. Everyone with GTP 6MT's.. let's say you are in a parking lot, cars in reverse (becuase it has to be). It's been raining, shoes are wet, and you happened to back your car in this time to the rear end of another car. A mom and child at the store are loading groceries in their trunk.. you start the car, foot slips off, bam. It's happened to us all, my foot has slipped off the pedal.. but thank god I had all NORMAL cars that didn't require such an asanine and seriously troubling idea. Don't take something liek this lghtly Borrent, sure no injuries.. but you need to take a factor that just happend to you and apply it to everyones everyday activities. When you put something like this in perspective... think of what could have happened.

Sorry about the car.. that really sucks.
                      Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                      2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                      w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Wow that sucks, Im sorry to see that happen to such a car. I would have to agree with Nikki though, it is just a natural habit for me to pop it out of gear. Actually i usually do it before i even start the vehicle. I would definitely write some letters to Gm with the above photos attached. Good luck.
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Ouch, damn man that sucks. I bet you said a few choice words. I know I would have.

I don't have a 6 speed, but I do think it is a smart design. Maybe not the best thought out solution, but a step in the right direction.

Comment

wow, thats sucks man sorry to hear that, id def let GM know about this. as to get that fixed looks like youll need a whole new door, if the edge wasn't messed up they could just reskin it. but good luck with the whole situation.
                            06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

i think it is pretty dumb design. why they can't design a tranny that needs to either A) be in neutral, or B) have the clutch pushed in to start is beyond me. it doesn't need both, just one or the other. gm actually made the problem worse be requiring it to be in gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X