Monsoon front speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon front speakers

ok just to end if they are anywhere near the same as the regular system, i took some time yesterday and dismantled my door

stay tuned while i load up the pics

i also took a sound shot, as i was gonna hook up some mtx aftermarkets, only to not find them for an hour and couldnt get them installed, however the factory ones seem to be bigger than a 5.25 speaker, as you will see

ok here are some pics of the door after you get panel off

here is the tweeter, i actually hooked up an aftermarket one and it was quite a bit better (this isnt clear at all)

here is the mount the speaker fits into, unlike the glued regular system noah showed us

and here is a mtx 5 1/4" in comparison to the factory

the sound clip sucked, ill try to get a better one soon, and one with the mtx in there so we can see the difference

Comment

and yes they are 2 ohm speakers

some one mentioned that they thought they were, so i thought i would clarify

Comment

they are different sized than the non monsoon system?!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

is that question, or a response?

ill try to get my video camera so i can get a better sound bit, and then ill change out the tweeters and take one, and hopefully sometime soon change to the mtxs shown and get another

that way we know a little about new speakers in with the monsoon

also if the tweeters are any good, i have some for sale

Comment

Nice job man, did you measure the factory speaker to see exactly what size it is?
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i was going to take pictures with tape measure, but i had to leave like 5 minutes after i took that shot, so didnt really have much time

ill try and get the dimensions tonight if i have time, if not then this wkend for sure

including depth

Comment

How did you get an aftermarket tweeter to clip into the speaker grill in the door? Also, are there only the speaker and the tweeter behind the door? Everybody thought there were 3...

So you would say those speakers are maybe 6 1/2"?
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

to my knowledge, no, i didnt see anythign else that looks anything like a tweeter or speaker

the tweeters i have are the exact size of the originals, maybe a tad bigger, so instead of clipping them in, i could just slid them into the circle between the clips and it stayed there, i didnt leave it though as i didnt have time to wire it up

but i was doing comparison with same songs and the aftermarkets were defn better, and louder than factories

ill take a pic of them tonight if i have time to show you what they look like

Comment

Interesting. So we have it easier if we have the Monsoon because the speakers come right out and there are no baskets or anything that we have to cut/break the speaker out of.
                    -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                      Interesting. So we have it easier if we have the Monsoon because the speakers come right out and there are no baskets or anything that we have to cut/break the speaker out of.
                      Don't forget the coupe door panels and speakers are different from the sedan, so it might not apply to you.

In the sedan we only have two speakers in each door panel - tweeters near the side mirrors and a full-range speaker toward the base of the door.
                      -Kevin
                      2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                      2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

There are different Monsoon speakers in the coupe than in the sedan?
                        -Mike #1

Comment

yes I noticed this today while I was test driving both. The coupe has 3 in each door. The dedan has 2. I thought I was getting cheated and lied to untill I looked at all the monsoon systems. I don't understand the reasonong behind this but thats the way it is. I didn't compare sound but the monsoon is way better than waht I have in my 6er. Must have GTP.
                          Originally posted by Nikki
                          You are an e-pimp.
                          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                          I tried too, my penis way too big
                          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

yeh but i still wouldnt think the would put the speaker in a basket in the coupe, i guess a coupe will have to dismantle theirs and find out...it takes about 2 minutes to take the whole panel off

but yes no basket to cut off or anything on mine, just slides right into door

Comment

how do ur new speakers sound?
                              Originally posted by Nikki
                              You are an e-pimp.
                              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                              I tried too, my penis way too big
                              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Working...
                              X