Aftermarket Deck Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Deck Help

Hi I have a 2006 G6 GT Coupe and just installed the Pioneer DEH-P7700MP with the Metra Turbo 2 kit. I connected the front and rear preouts from the deck to the Monsoon amp. Everything sounds great HOWEVER, when I turn the volume down to 0 I get a very loud pop from the speakers. The same thing happens when I change radio stations..

Has anyone heard of this? Has anyone tried hooking up their preouts to the Monsoon amp?

I have the same deck, and the same popping noise.

You're using the pre-outs? (RCA's)

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

yes I'm using the pre-outs (RCAs). the popping noise is extremely loud. are there any solutions?

Comment

I don't have any solution for you. Mine does it as well.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

How did you use RCA's to the Monsoon amp? When I installed mine I just soldered all the wires from the Metra kit to the wires out of the deck. Didn't touch the stock wiring at all.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Hi I found the solution today!! you need to hook up GROUND LOOP ISOLATORS between the deck's preouts and the harness that goes to the amp. I got one for the front speakers and one for the back speakers. They're about 20 dollars each:

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Searc ... &pagenum=0

Comment

well done. hope it fixes your problem
              Originally posted by Nikki
              You are an e-pimp.
              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
              I tried too, my penis way too big
              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

wow I haven't heard of anyone using those in a hell of a long time
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

this forum is the best!, I too had the popping after I did the same thing, hooked up my sony head unit out the RCA pre-outs, and I got the same POP!. I will pick up some of these ground loop isolaters ASAP. thanks to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X