front bumper/fender removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front bumper/fender removal

alright anyone have any knowledge of taking off the front bumper and driver side front fender?

im going to be taking off and installing my new parts myself then have a shop paint and blend the paint into my car. however im not exactly sure how much work is involved. anyone know or can get the drawings of pin locations and such

has mike (ragingfish) been on lately?

or any other dealer guys we have on here should be able to help me right?

thanks

haven't seen mike lately, but I'll tell him you need his help...

Comment

I have no idea since for that stuff I just give it to our bodyshop guy to do lol.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Mike will be on tonight...

Comment

for the fender
          (the pictures arnt much help here)

Front Fender Replacement
          Removal Procedure
          Remove the front fender liner. Refer to Front Fender Liner Replacement .
          Remove the rocker panel molding. Refer to Rocker Panel Molding Replacement in Exterior Trim.
          Remove the headlamp assembly. Refer to Headlamp Assembly or Headlamp Bulb and/or Cornering, Sidemarker, Park, Turn Signal Bulb Replacement in Lighting Systems.

for the bumper

Front Bumper Fascia Replacement
          Removal Procedure
          Apply tape to the corners of the adjacent surfaces.
          Remove the headlamps. Refer to Headlamp Assembly or Headlamp Bulb and/or Cornering, Sidemarker, Park, Turn Signal Bulb Replacement in Lighting Systems.

Remove the push-in retainers from the front bumper fascia upper support.
          Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
          Remove the air dam. Refer to Air Dam Replacement - Front .
          Disconnect the fog lamps electrical connectors, if equipped. Refer to Front Fog Lamp Replacement in Lighting Systems.

Remove the push-in retainers from the fender liner to the fascia on the left and the right side.
          Pull back the front fender liner on the left and the right side.

Remove the bolt from the front bumper fascia to the front fender on the left and the right side.

Remove the front bumper fascia. With the aid of an assistant pull both sides of the fascia outward to release the retainers from the front fascia support.

If replacing the front fascia, transfer the following parts:
          • The front fascia upper grille--Refer to Fascia Grille Replacement - Front Bumper - Upper .

• The front fascia lower grille--Refer to Fascia Grille Replacement - Front Bumper - Lower .

• The fog lamp, if equipped--Refer to Front Fog Lamp Replacement in Lighting Systems.

• The licence plate and bracket--Refer to Front License Plate Bracket Replacement .

• The front energy absorber--Refer to Energy Absorber Replacement - Front .

Remove the bolts which secure the fender to hinge pillar.
          Remove the rear of the front fascia from the fender support bracket.

Remove the bolts from the bottom, front, and top of the fender.
          Remove the fender from the front compartment side rail.
          If the fender requires replacement, remove the fender brace.
          img][/img]

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

andy does the gxp bumper line up exactly the same as the old?

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
              couldnt tell ya i havent seen a GXP in person yet
              the instructions didnt ask about trim so i would assume it would

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

alright thanks, not sure if im gonna end up with that front or not

decisions decisions. thanks for the help though

Comment

poop he beat me to it.

oh well.

sorry i didn't get back to ya sooner dude.
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

no problem mike, that is why we have other people on here

just glad you managed to make it in for a bit, you havent been around much lately

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                      Yes It does, *ALL the GXP parts FIT on the Coupe and Sedan. I have a 2005 G6 GT sedan which is currently being converted into a GXP. Feel free to ask if you need help. The side skirts are the only pain in the ass but they DO fit also.

Comment

Working...
                      X