THoughts on something ricey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THoughts on something ricey...

Co-worker made a statement today about my car.. "You know... that car looks totally bad ass.. but you know what would look better, if you could do lambo doors on it..."

Now.. I immediatly was like.. "WTF" *bitch slap* and left it alone. Now I'm looking at a side pic of a g6 Coupe and thinking... does the Coupe have potential to be a really COOL car with lambo doors?? Not tosay I'd EVER do something so ricetastic.. but.

Discuss. What are the requirments of a car containimg lambo doors, you know.. The "Style" that is accceptable for the means of lambo type doors.

Here is my honest thinking right now... I dunno.. but it "could" look very tasteful and appear as a factory type deal. I mean, the coupe is very "squaty" and not very tall or boxy. Similar styled supercars in todays world have similar style doors and look remarkable.

SO.. add to this.

(And yes.. if I really wanted it done.. I could do it...)
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

I've seen kits posted on ebay for scissor doors: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PONTIAC- ... 5551QQrdZ1

edit: not a kit, but directions I guess?

Comment

They would have to be REAL lamborghini doors then. Because on most door kits, you have to pull the door out, then pull it up. Then once you get in, to shut it, you pull it down, and pull it in towards you to latch it.

I'm pretty sure real lambo doors just pull down and latch shut.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Only car that should have lambo doors is a lambo. It is like putting a bentley grill on a 300c or etc....

You don't mix brands,

John
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by noRulez
          I've seen kits posted on ebay for scissor doors: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PONTIAC- ... 5551QQrdZ1
          That's just a CD you get that has instructions on how to do it. I wouldn't trust any kits under $1000, especially on ebay.
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
            It is like putting a bentley grill on a 300c or etc....
            sarcasm? lol
            -Mike #1

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
              Originally posted by noRulez
              That's just a CD you get that has instructions on how to do it. I wouldn't trust any kits under $1000, especially on ebay.

Sorry, you guys are quick...I had already gone back and edited my post to reflect this.

Comment

As for that "only lambo's" thing.. I think many cars (FROMT EH FACTORY) look GOOD with lambo doors. Now.. lambo doors is not a technical term, just the style of opening.

Mike- And yes, they would be genuiwine style lmabo doors.. not that chepa version's that are a basic hinge on a pivoting bracket.. thus are lmae and cheap.
                Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6

As for that "only lambo's" thing.. I think many cars (FROMT EH FACTORY) look GOOD with lambo doors. Now.. lambo doors is not a technical term, just the style of opening.

Mike- And yes, they would be genuiwine style lmabo doors.. not that chepa version's that are a basic hinge on a pivoting bracket.. thus are lmae and cheap.
                  That is one professional photochop. haha.

Comment

'Lambo' doors do not belong on a G6 GTP coupe. The G6 GTP is an American FWD muscle car. Save the 'Lambo' doors for the 'Rice Cookers'.
                    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                    Forge Motorsports BPV
                    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

I don't know man, that's a pretty shitty chop but I think it could work

As for it being rice? That's a tough call, because most cars with lambo doors are either lambos, or hondas...
                      -Mike #1

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                        'Lambo' doors do not belong on a G6 GTP coupe. The G6 GTP is an American FWD muscle car. Save the 'Lambo' doors for the 'Rice Cookers'.
                        Is it legal to put the words "muscle car" after "FWD" ???
                        -Mike #1

Comment

I don't know man, that's a pretty shitty chop but I think it could work

As for it being rice? That's a tough call, because most cars with lambo doors are either lambos, or hondas...
                          What I mean is, Lambo doors belong on a $100K+ sports car, not a Honda.
                          Forge Motorsports BPV
                          CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                          HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                            Is it legal to put the words "muscle car" after "FWD" ???
                            Your're right, it's a violation of the 'Muscle Car Code Of Standards'. I have sinned. The G6 GTP may qualify for 'Junior Muscle Car-Tier 1' status.
                            Forge Motorsports BPV
                            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

I just don't know. We had this same debate over on NECO with the Cougar...most thought it was gay. We need one brave soul to test it out...or a professional in photoshop.
                              -Mike #1

Comment

Working...
                              X