Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen wave ...........lots of photos (warning 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen wave ...........lots of photos (warning 56k)

one of my friends just emailed this to me.

The water froze the instant the wave broke through the ice.
    That's what it is like in Antarctica. Water freezes the instant it comes in contact with the air.
    The temperature of the water is already some ? degrees below freezing.
    Just look at how the wave froze in midair .

this is so cool

... ..

.. ...

... ..

....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

that has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I honestly think you should pay me for my time you just wasted.

jk

I think its really cool. I would like to see it. that thing is massive
    WWRJD?... HE'D KICK SOME ASS

Comment

Cool! Some shots look like big pool floaties

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

lol sorry but its old news to me, still awesome as hell though!

Comment

That kinda freaks me out. I don't care much for the ocean. Now add huge frozen pieces of ice in there. No sir.
          Originally posted by Nikki
          You are an e-pimp.
          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
          I tried too, my penis way too big
          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

bad ass pics!
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
              That kinda freaks me out. I don't care much for the ocean. Now add huge frozen pieces of ice in there. No sir.
              I don't think ya have to worry about the ocean much in amarrillo there, do ya? j/k. But ya do get hit with some nasty ice storms there during winter though.

Comment

I think that is just a glacier thats pushed up and melted some to form smooth edges.

Signed,
                Pooners...man of science!
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Robert, eh?

does your last name happen to be nye? or should I just call you bill
                  WWRJD?... HE'D KICK SOME ASS

Comment

Whoa. That looks awesome!
                    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                    2005 CGM GTO.
                    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                      I think that is just a glacier thats pushed up and melted some to form smooth edges.

Signed,
                      Pooners...man of science!

Agreed, cool pictures, but there is no way a wave can freeze basically spontaneously like that. Trying to find a link about the pictures....

Comment

ah

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/frozen-wave-photos.shtml

Comment

Sweet pictures no matter what they are of!
                          '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

whatever it is thats bad arse. They should stand on a surf board next to it and act like they are surfing.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                            Originally posted by [i
                            Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Rick6er
                              Agreed, cool pictures, but there is no way a wave can freeze basically spontaneously like that. Trying to find a link about the pictures....
                              Waves can definitely freeze on the way in...I had a professor from Sweden and he took a trip and had personal pics of cars parked on the side of the road along a lake or something and they were completely frozen in ice with frozen waves standing up next to them. It was wild looking. Not as huge as these, but it is possible and awesome!

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

Working...
                              X