G6 Synthetic Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 Synthetic Oil

I need more infomation about synthetic oil. I am thinking changing to synthetic oil !! I got two question sorry I am still new on car stuff especially mechanic. Full Synthetic oil are those mobil 1 5w-30? and plus how long do they last is it base on the km that you drive? I had my G6 for 7 months i did my oil change about 1 .5 month ago maybe I should change to synthetic oil on my next change or just change right away!!

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Synthetic oil is stuff like Mobil 1, Amsoil and others that have full synthetic oil on it. It will say what it is. Don't confuse full synthetic with a synthetic blend which is a mix of conventional oil and synthetic. It is better than conventional but not as good as a full synthetic.

Each one has it's own recomendations on the oil change interval, it is the same deal as conventional oil it is just on a longer schedule.

You can change to Mobil 1 and even back again anytime you want. I'd just wait until your next oil change to do it. With a good synthetic oil you'll get at least twice the life out of it.

Comment

On a side note: Canadian Tire has Mobil 1 on sale right now for ~$29. Regular price is $36.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
        Synthetic oil is stuff like Mobil 1, Amsoil and others that have full synthetic oil on it. It will say what it is. Don't confuse full synthetic with a synthetic blend which is a mix of conventional oil and synthetic. It is better than conventional but not as good as a full synthetic.

Each one has it's own recomendations on the oil change interval, it is the same deal as conventional oil it is just on a longer schedule.

You can change to Mobil 1 and even back again anytime you want. I'd just wait until your next oil change to do it. With a good synthetic oil you'll get at least twice the life out of it.
        How much do you pour in when you are doing a oil change???

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
          On a side note: Canadian Tire has Mobil 1 on sale right now for ~$29. Regular price is $36.
          How many litres is it? maybe go pick one up today at my lunch break!

Comment

i think it is 4, and the jugs come in 5, so you have a liter left over

Comment

Originally posted by redsun_ty
              How many litres is it? maybe go pick one up today at my lunch break!
              Awsome thanks for the info. I think I will go pick a few up
              Shit happens, Drive faster
              GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
              :) :) :) :) :) :)
              GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

For anyone wanting to switch to synthetic oil, I have had several service managers and techs say that once you switch to synthetic you should continue to use it. Apparently there is no great harm that will come to your engine if you go back and forth but it's better to stick with one or the other. I don't know the reasons behind this but it's what I have been told by more than one person who I would consider very knowledgeable about cars. I have used full synthetic (Royal Purple) in the last three vehicles I've owned and used a 5,000 to 6,000 mile change interval. People will debate this issue like politics as to all the scientific reasons about how long you can go, but I just felt comfortable with that number based on the mix of driving I do. For what it's worth, the tests that I have read show that Amsoil and Royal Purple sustain their anti-friction properties longer than other oils do, up to almost 10,000 miles in some cases. I would personally never go this long, I don't care what kind of oil it is. Mobil 1 is popular and it does well in tests but not for the mileage of the two mentioned above.
                Justin

Stealth Gray 2005 G6 GT Sedan - new owner so I'm figuring out what mods to start with.

Comment

So for Mobil 1 how many miles are you guys going between changes, I have about 2500 miles on my Mobil 1 right now and I'm curious when it should be changed.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

im probably gonna go 6500-7500 miles on mine

Comment

just wondering which mobil 1 do you guys use?? they have the 3 kinds

Comment

Originally posted by redsun_ty
                        I use castrol syntec, a bit cheaper and its still good (i believe). I think you should probably replace your oil filter along with the oil, just a piece of advice.

I usually go to canadian tire and ask for a synthetic oil, trust me, they are more than happy to sell you it

On another note, be sure to ask them not to put any stickers on the doorsill, UGH i hate when they do that, it makes my door sill look like an old lady's 1980 chevette bumper sticker gallery.
                        Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

[quote=Yoyoma_2]
                          Originally posted by "redsun_ty":2gj6igri
                          I use castrol syntec, a bit cheaper and its still good (i believe). I think you should probably replace your oil filter along with the oil, just a piece of advice.

I usually go to canadian tire and ask for a synthetic oil, trust me, they are more than happy to sell you it

On another note, be sure to ask them not to put any stickers on the doorsill, UGH i hate when they do that, it makes my door sill look like an old lady's 1980 chevette bumper sticker gallery.[/quote:2gj6igri]

really?? I just replace the filter not a while ago?? do i need to do that again?
                          I will get some synthetic oil tomorrow at canadian tire I probably have to store it in my storage locker!

Comment

Always change the filter when you change the oil!

sigpic
                            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Always change the filter when you change the oil!
                              werd.
                              2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Working...
                              X