Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter Minus the Push Button

Hello,

I wanted to see if the shifter in my new G6 GT can be rigged so that I wouldn't have to use the button in the front of it to shift in to different gears. I like when I just have to press the brakes to shift it in to drive or park. It always feels very cheap how the button was installed. Please help!

John

Its not like its on the side where you might have to make somewhat of a effect to push it in. Well I don't think there is any safe way to do this, without the button it could change gears without you knowing and could be very dangerous. I mean you could put rubber bands or something on the button but you might not be able to get your keys out since its not fully in park yet. Also if you had them on it you would need to make sure your E-brake is on all the time like a manuel car.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

I think cars that don't have buttons on their shifters also have a shift pattern for the gears. Instead of just shifting up and down, you have to shift to the left, then down, or to the right, then down, etc.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

^ yes

and also, that button does feel cheap and breakable.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

I like it better than the ones with the side button you have to push in. They don't feel as cheap but there more of a eyesore.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

maybe one could take the 'play' out of the button? then it might feel better? perhaps a spacer of some variety.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Working...
            X