System on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System on a budget

Alrighty, so I had some play money that before, I was going to use to lower the car but now realized that due to my location that was not a smart idea. Sooo I decided to hit up crutchfield while I was bored a couple days ago just to see what kind of deals they were running and low and behold I got a system for under $300.00 with the box (I know I know but I was to lazy to build one)!! Now I normally don't order from crutchfield but like I said I was looking for a deal, quick shipping and incase I didnt like it or something happened I could return it hassle free. But after listening to this system and getting peoples surprised reactions when I told them what I had Im keeping this bitch!! To start off all I have are 2 Rockford 10's (Punch Stage 1) and a Profile amp (California series). Now dont jump my case because like I said I wanted a cheap system and I did my homework and it hits like maaaaaad.

Here are some quick specs
    Speakers: 4Ohm 50-150W RMS
    Amp- 1X200W (Bridged in 4ohm mode)

There are alot more specs obviously but how I set it up thats all you really need to know. Basically I ran the speakers in a series into an 8ohm load and then put it into a 4ohm bridged mode through the amp. On paper it would come out to 200W RMS total but once it goes to both speakers its probably more about 100W or so per speaker I would imagine, and thats right in the RMS mid range. Now, I got this thing running and honestly didnt believe that it was as loud as it was ( I figured it was just my mind making me think it was loud). So I went to my buddies house and had him listen to it and he instantly thought I had 2 12s and didnt believe me when I said I had 2 10s untill I showed him! I'm not talking up the system because it's mine and obviously nobody can judge it because everyones to far to listen to it but if it sucked I would send it back obviously (why I got it thru cruthfield in the first place)and not be talking about it. I might have to drive to Harrisburg to see Kyle (Toyz) just so he can validate it hahaha but basically I wrote this to show people that you don't need to spend even $500.00 to get quality bass in your car just do your homework and use common sense. There is a shop up the road that does db metering, I might take a cruise up there in a next couple of days just to see what it hits for the hell of it. Here are some pics of it, as you can see its a small system that doesnt take up alot of room and still hits hard!

Link for amp
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-BXMKIHEZ0M ... I=489AP400

Link for sub
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-BXMKIHEZ0M ... =575P110S4
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

good deal man. you only running one sub or they bridged inside the box?

Comment

Yeah they are ran in a series inside the box

Comment

Hope you enjoy. I wish the amp guy from RF didn't go to mitek. Now mtx is coming up in the amp world. You might want to trade the amp in after a while though. Get ya some clean puwer when you get the extra cash flow. What happened to the 15"s that you were going to sell off?
        Originally posted by Nikki
        You are an e-pimp.
        Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
        I tried too, my penis way too big
        07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
        My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
        The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I still got them layin around... got a buyer supposably tomarrow but if that falls through, might sell them off seperatly. I had a profile before in my winter beater and let me tell you, that amp took a BEATING and never had a problem with it never over heated and took basically whatever I shelled out at it. For the money, best series of amp you could buy at least I think so!!

Comment

Profile amps are pretty good, honestly for the money they're a really good amp.

Comment

What are the 15's that you got and what amp. Still haven't answered bro. U r holdin out on us. lol
              You are an e-pimp.
              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

They are an older Fosgate Punch and a Crunch amp?! Nothing to special IMO, the hit like hell but arent anything that special!

Comment

Oh I did the crunch amp way back in the day. lol it was suck a pos. It had the dual voltage meters that were back lit blue. It looked awesome but at night when it would hit it would dim and the needles would get stuck. And the dimming wasnt from lack of voltage. it would dimx no matter what. even low volume. I want a pair of 15 incher power h2's for real. Those were some of the baddest subs you could get back in the day.
                  You are an e-pimp.

Comment

Well if it were those, I wouldnt part with them.... I would have BUILT a box inside the trunk to get them to fit right haha!

Comment

Looks good Noah! I have used Profile amps in the past with little problems from them. I also have heard Crunch amps in cars that sounded pretty Bad ass. You can save yourself alot of money if the amp and subs are properly matched up. Meaning if they are properly matched and are cheap you will still have a very decent sound system. Way back in the day i think it was like my 2nd setup in my first car (11) yrs ago , i was running (1) jl 10" rated at i think 125-150 watts i was running it off a Malibu 100 in a hatch back. Man did that thing turn heads All the equipment was used and i prob paid a total of 200 bucks for both

Edit: Anytime You want to come down Noah, let me know what you drink, ill make sure i have it stocked behind the bar. :smoke:
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Might be doing that soon enough hahaha

Comment

Working...
                        X