Okay, another question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, another question

This question is about the fog lights, is there a way that you can keep the fog lights on? I used to have a GP, and when you turn the fog lights on, they stay on. But not like the G6, when you turn the car off and then back on the fog lights are off. So you have to it the switch again. Is there a way to keep the lights on? Thanks for your help, and I hope all this makes sense.

Mike #3

This is a wiring issue that I would also love an answer to!
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

the only way that i know to do it is to wire it up so that whenever the parking lights or headlights come on the foglights come on with them. all you'd need is a relay and some wire and connectors. i don't know if there is a way to do it through the computer or not, but the momentary switch resets itself whenever the vehicle is shut off. sucks too, i have the same setup on my jimmy and i know people were trying to figure out the same thing for the S-Series trucks.

Comment

at least i'm not the only one who has this issue.

Comment

even though it would be kinda ugly couldnt a rocker switch be used removing the wires from the stock switch and connecting them to a new rocker switch that when left in the on position ever time the car turned on so would the foglights because if I'm not mistaken its the stock switch thats turning them off when the car turns off?!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

even though it would be kinda ugly couldnt a rocker switch be used removing the wires from the stock switch and connecting them to a new rocker switch that when left in the on position ever time the car turned on so would the foglights because if I'm not mistaken its the stock switch thats turning them off when the car turns off?!
            That's how my GP was set up, and in my opinion it worked fine.

Comment

yeah you could put in a different switch, but i would rather just wire them up to come on automatically with the parking lights than have a seperate switch that i left in the on position all the time.

Comment

I wouldnt mind doing that and just putting the rocker switch hidden in the dash or that little pocket under the stock switch because if you rewired it with the stock wires (just a new switch) wouldnt they still turn off when the car turned off and on when the car turned on. Basically never having to hit the switch again, unless you wanted to turn them off?

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                  yeah you could put in a different switch, but i would rather just wire them up to come on automatically with the parking lights than have a seperate switch that i left in the on position all the time.
                  But this way you'd still have to turn a switch (putting the parking lights on) the way I stated they would just turn on automatically with the car and off as well!!

Comment

The best way to do it would be to rewire the fogs so that they are on with the engine. Using a relay, you could have the fogs come on when the engine is on by using a wire that's live when the engine is running to control the relay.

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

yeah, but with Noah's idea you would still be able to turn them off whenever you wanted. You never know when you'll need to grab the AK and do a drive-by.
                      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Oh sure, back Noah up!

Refer to sig....

Don't ban me!

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

a friend of mine just traded in his silverado for an 05 grand am SE-yeah yeah. Anyways the foggie switch in that is a rocker switch so I was possibly thinking about trying something out also.
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                            X