Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Saturn Aura @ NYIAS

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/in ... topic=7697

With powertrain setups like that, the G6 is pure dead in the water. And damn, it even has TAPShift!

I hope the rumours about the G6 getting tranny and engine upgrades are true.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Re: 2007 Saturn Aura @ NYIAS

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
    I hope the rumours about the G6 getting tranny and engine upgrades are true.
    The '07 G6 is receiving those upgrades. It is a fact.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

well isnt that interior very similar to ours, though i kinda like the radio having the channels listed on it, but hopefully it would be somethign you didnt have to show all the time

Comment

no manual tranny? and the interior is ugly as hell. i hate wood grain interiors and i had to get my G6 with one gonna have to swap it out for the silver pieces as soon as i get it.

Comment

Re: 2007 Saturn Aura @ NYIAS

I will have to take pics when I go to the Show next week.
          Forge Motorsports BPV
          CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
          HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
            no manual tranny? and the interior is ugly as hell. i hate wood grain interiors and i had to get my G6 with one gonna have to swap it out for the silver pieces as soon as i get it.
            For its market it doesn't really need a stick shift. How often do you see Camries with sticks? Although I really hope the rumour that the G6 is losing the stick is false.

Wood is OK for some cars, just not the G6.

It's not really for us anyways. It's more like the Euro-American hybrid (as in nationality) cousin of our cars.

Essentially an Opel Vectra with slight restyling.
            <-- Gray G6? Click!
            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

i chose about a dozen cars to start my comparison on when i was looking for a new car. about half of those fell from my list because they only offer automatics. too bad cause there were some nice cars on the list that had potential. oh well, i am happy with what i got (despite having never seen my car yet ) and that is all that matters.

the outside of the saturn looks nice, more like a buick than a saturn i think. i wonder how much cutting and welding is require to get those tail lights into my G6

Comment

I wonder why, the Saturn Outlook and its 3.6L gets more horsepower than the Aura.

From the GM website:

Powering the Outlook is the GM 3.6L V-6 VVT. The engine features variable valve timing, designed for high fuel economy, low emissions and exceptional smoothness. The uplevel XR model (with dual exhaust) provides an estimated 267 horsepower (199 kw) and 247 lb.-ft. of torque (335 Nm). The single-exhaust XE model is rated at an estimated 265 horsepower (198 kw) and 244 lb.-ft (331 Nm) of torque. The engine is backed by a new, fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6T75 six-speed automatic transmission. Outlook is available in front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive models
                Forge Motorsports BPV
                CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                  I wonder why, the Saturn Outlook and its 3.6L gets more horsepower than the Aura.

From the GM website:

Powering the Outlook is the GM 3.6L V-6 VVT. The engine features variable valve timing, designed for high fuel economy, low emissions and exceptional smoothness. The uplevel XR model (with dual exhaust) provides an estimated 267 horsepower (199 kw) and 247 lb.-ft. of torque (335 Nm). The single-exhaust XE model is rated at an estimated 265 horsepower (198 kw) and 244 lb.-ft (331 Nm) of torque. The engine is backed by a new, fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6T75 six-speed automatic transmission. Outlook is available in front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive models
                  The same question has been circulating about the G6 GTP sedan/coupes and G6 GTP convertible. 240 vs 227.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

The same question has been circulating about the G6 GTP sedan/coupes and G6 GTP convertible. 240 vs 227.
                    someone said the GTP vs. vert difference was because of a quieter, more restrictive exhaust on the vert.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16

How often do you see Camries with sticks?
                      I used to see a Camry with a stick all the time! My last car was an '02 Camry SE 5spd... Every car needs to offer a stickshift. One regret I have with my 06 GT is the lack of clutchage. Fortunately I have the wife's VW to calm the nerves now and again.
                      2006 G6 GT Sedan w/Pano. Roof - Ponty
                      2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Creampie
                      2002 VW Beetle Turbo S - Frosty (Ask the wife)
                      2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport - The Black Bitch!

Comment

I'm not worried, it's just a Saturnized version of the G6. "Welcome to the family!" Sucks about the power upgrades though
                        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

oh snap! It looks like those tails might fit the G6 sedan
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

nope sure dont think they will, hang on let me look at mine real quick

i think the g6 sedans are a bit more curved on the side of car on top

but that is from looking at it

Comment

nah i don't think they will be direct replacements...but that doesn't mean you can't get them to fit with a modification

Comment

Working...
                              X