ahhhh help me please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahhhh help me please!

Ok before you all start calling me stupid right now my amp isnt mounted to my box because i dont have enough extra wire sooooo I have to sit the amp up sideways and slide it in beside the box. Well the other night I got a little wild driving and all of a sudden my bass starts hitting like every other note then it just alltogether stops. I pulled into a pizza place and popped the trunk and I see that one of the connections (The main ground connection) pulled loose from my amp.. No big deal ill fix it when i get home. I get home and fix it, and now my subs dont even hit! Soooo I started the troubleshooting. I have came to the conclusion that the amp isnt getting power because the little light on the front of it isnt lighting up. HOWEVER, none of the fuses are burnt anywhere. I have checked the large fuse right beside the battery on the main 12v wire leading to the amp, the two 40amp fuses ON the amp, and basically any fuse that has anything to do with radios and shit on the car with the exception of the stock amplifier, even though I dont think i have one (I dont have monsoon). The 12v cable is firmly connected to the battery and the amp, and the ground wire is firmly connected to the frame and the amp. If you all have any clue please help me, I cant live with the stock system!
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

sounds like maybe an internal problem with the amplifier maybe? Is it possible that when the ground wire popped out it might have come into contact with the positive terminal on the amp?
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

if none of the fuses are popped and you are certain that the power wire is connected correctly did you check the remote turn on wire?

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
        if none of the fuses are popped and you are certain that the power wire is connected correctly did you check the remote turn on wire?
        x2 on the remote.
        Originally posted by Nikki
        You are an e-pimp.
        Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
        I tried too, my penis way too big
        07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
        My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
        The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

thats what I was thinking too..

Edit: x3.... I felt left out and didnt want to break the train!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

If you have a 12v tester i would highly suggest pull it out and put it to use. first i would check to see if the power wire is bringing juice back to the amp. Then i would put one end of the tester to the power wire then the ground end to the ground wire to ensure connection on both wires. If all that works i would do the same with the remote wire. If one of the wires do not work the you can start trouble shooting that specific wire. If all wires had been tested and appear to be working properly then it is an amp problem. But the amp would definitely be the last thing i would look at. Ground sounds like the biggest suspect, but due to the remote wire being a smaller gauge that sticks out as bring a possibility. Let us know how you make out and if you can narrow it down to a specific wire im sure we can help you trouble shoot that wire. Good luck :smoke:
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I assumed the remote wire would be connected already, since he said just the ground popped out of the amp...oh well. Hopefully he'll find the problem.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Have you checked in inside of the amp? Some have internal fuses on the mainboard.

Comment

did you redo the end of the ground wire that popped off? could have a short in it now.

Comment

I have no knowledge of stereo systems and amp this or that.

However I can input a little knowledge and say. "Wild driving doesn't pay" :warped:
                    06 G6 GTP Black, Panoramic Sunroof, 3 Spoke Steering wheel, 6 Disc CD Player, Ebony Leather Seats, RED LED Interior Lights. 3rd brake light by http://www.grafxwerks.com, Running Mobil1

Comment

I bet you if he gets it fixed and working he will screw everything down... I always brace my boxes so they don't move and screw down the amps to something! I've learned my lesson like Teelo is now, except my amp went through my speaker!

Comment

yuck that sucks

Comment

yeah haha...

Comment

Working...
                          X