Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram

I just purchased a G6 and I want to put a keyless entry/alarm/remote start in. I need to try and find a wiring diagram for the car for the installation, as my brother is going to be doing it for me. Does anyone know where I can get that from? Is there one online?

Originally posted by v6h.o.
    You'll have to look up what Sounds system RPO code you have. Will be found in your glovebox.

UZ6 Radio:

U85:

U85 speakers Coupe/Sedan:

U85 speakers, Convertable:

Radio Reciever:

Save pic as, and then use a program to zoom in and view it better.
    Welcom to the 6er site.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

opps I will go fing the one you need
      You are an e-pimp.
      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
        Originally posted by v6h.o.
        You'll have to look up what Sounds system RPO code you have. Will be found in your glovebox.

UZ6 Radio:

U85:

U85 speakers Coupe/Sedan:

U85 speakers, Convertable:

Radio Reciever:

Save pic as, and then use a program to zoom in and view it better.
        Welcom to the 6er site.

Awesome, thank you!

Comment

Welcome to the site. Black is the colour of choice when posting, it's easier to read.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

True that. It took me like 2 min to read his thing. Amd I was still wrong when I found his info. I haven't been able to find one that is free. Just hang out on here for a min and someone will have one. I would imagine that the colors are the same as any other gm. Run up to the dealership and see if they have any diagrams they would let you copy. Or hit up a car audio shop. They always have software for diagrams.
            You are an e-pimp.

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
              Welcome to the site. Black is the colour of choice when posting, it's easier to read.
              Thanks for letting me know on the color thing, would've never figured that out!

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                True that. It took me like 2 min to read his thing. Amd I was still wrong when I found his info. I haven't been able to find one that is free. Just hang out on here for a min and someone will have one. I would imagine that the colors are the same as any other gm. Run up to the dealership and see if they have any diagrams they would let you copy. Or hit up a car audio shop. They always have software for diagrams.
                oops, sorry for the eye strain! thanks again!

Comment

well i couldn't get the copy and paste to work very well so i just took screenshots. hope this helps

here is the note you need for the power lock and unlock cause they share the same wire:

"Lock is a straight negative trigger. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 1.5K ohm resistor. MUST use relays."

Comment

oh yeah....here are the DEI interface modules you will need too:

Category: Immobilizer Bypass
                    Required: Yes
                    Type: PASS-Key III+
                    Part#: 556UW
                    Notes: Standard on all models. In addition to the bypass module, you will also need to follow the interface information on DirectFax document 1603 using a 1300 ohm resistor.
                    Alternates: DesignTech 20402, DesignTech 29402

Category: Door Lock Interface
                    Type: Multiplex
                    Part#: 456LW
                    Notes:

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                      oh yeah....here are the DEI interface modules you will need too:

Category: Immobilizer Bypass
                      Type: PASS-Key III+
                      Part#: 556UW
                      Notes: Standard on all models. In addition to the bypass module, you will also need to follow the interface information on DirectFax document 1603 using a 1300 ohm resistor.
                      Alternates: DesignTech 20402, DesignTech 29402

Category: Door Lock Interface
                      Type: Multiplex
                      Part#: 456LW
                      Notes:
                      that definately helps! thank you

Comment

no problem.

and just a word of advice, there have been one or two people on here who have brought their G6s in for alarms/remote starts and the installers have charged outrageous prices claiming that it is the most difficult instal they have ever seen. good luck, and let us know how it goes :smoke:

Comment

Also, AFAIK, most alarm manufacturers will not warranty their alarms if you install them yourself.

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

that is a good point. most won't warantee them unless they are installed by certified techs for their products none the less.

i installed a Viper 791XV in my truck though, it ain't that bad if you take the time to locate everything you need before you start cutting and crimping

Comment

yeah, I think I'm gonna take the risk and do it. After all my brother is going to be doing the work for me, and he used to install car stereo's for a living. I have confidence he can do it, and even if he doesn't do it perfect the 1st time he can probably fix it. He had Ultimate Electronic's install his remote start on his mercedes and he ended up having to re-wire it cuz they jacked it up. I'll let you know how it all turns out. 1st I have to find a good system to order. Any suggestions? I'm told anything by DEI is pretty good...

Comment

Working...
                              X