To those with tint (coupes only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those with tint (coupes only)

I want to get some tint on this beast and I'm wondering if you guys had any problems with the windows indexing and peeling up the fresh tint...

Yeah? No?

I'm gonna do it anyway, just wondering what to expect...
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

I would think if you tell your tint place they index they should comensate for it!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Nah, I'm just worried about the tint peeling up since the window will be moving up and down so much right after the tint is applied. Btw, the tint place is me.
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Im having the dealer tint mine when I get it, so I will ask about it, and if they mess up, its free so I will have them do it over.
        Black '06 G6 GTP Coupe - Stock for now!

Comment

You can make the windows not index.. just set the striker and shiz.. make it think the door is closed .. and then just make sure you reset it or it makes bad noises....
          Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

I had the tint try to peel the first day on the drivers side.

I used my finger to push it back and now the tint job looks perfect.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

i dont think it should matter because i had tints on my old car and i used the snow scrapper on that everyday. Never had problems or scratches.
              so when you do yours let it dry or sit there for a day then finally close your windows fully.
              G6 GT COUPE

Comment

Tint is on the inside of the windows my man.

Anyway Kyle, tell them about the indexing, and tell them to use a blowdryer on the bottom part of the tint.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

just got mine done and i was worried about that also but my tint guy said it shouldn't make a difference. looks f'n awesome.
                  bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by slickdesi
                    i dont think it should matter because i had tints on my old car and i used the snow scrapper on that everyday. Never had problems or scratches.
                    so when you do yours let it dry or sit there for a day then finally close your windows fully.

Originally posted by TLS2000
                    Tint is on the inside of the windows my man.
                    haha... sorry, that was just plain funny
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
                      the tint place is me.
                      So there's a way to trick it into thinking the door's shut, just for the windows sake.
                      2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

I would think as long as the tint was cured you shouldn't have any problems. During that time tho it will be vulnerable to peeling since it pushed into the weatherstrip pretty good.

Comment

Just disconnect the battery and it'll disable the indexing until you re-program the indexing.

This way you can keep your windows in one position for the 2-3 days it takes to dry, then you can reprogram the indexing after that.

sigpic

Comment

Better yet can't you disable it in the DIC? Then it wouldn't reset everything.

Comment

You can't disable it in the DIC.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X