I want to transform my base:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to transform my base:

I have some very ambitious mods in mind, and I'd like to know if what i can do can be done, and maybe get some ideas from you guys.

I have a 07 white base sedan. And It's a great car, but it could be better.

First thing, the rev limiter, how do I disable that? Not that I need to, but I'd like to.

Then there's the tranny, can I swap it out for a stickshift?

I'd like a body kit. but I don't want my G6 to look like a rice burner. Something that makes it look aggressive, but not rice flashy.

I also want to paint the car black, now it's white and scratched the hell up, this is where I need a lot of guidance, I want a job that won't peel or fade.

I want the console to be digital, just a touch screen monitor that controls everything, and I want to keep the info the car displays, like doors opened or ice.

And the rims, I have those plastic things on them, and they've kinda deformed, I don't want chrome, like I said I want a classic look to my car.

In drive this car like It's 1999, so I need things to be durable, so any suggestions would be great, because I absolutely know nothing about cars.

That said, this is the most fun car I've ever driven, and I'd like to make it unique, and I want to make that guy I work with to stop saying, It's a Pontiac, even thought he doesn't have a car.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

There's answers to every one of your questions.

That said, this will be locked soon probally.

To help you out a bit, for your base 2.4L Ecotec, there isn't too much. MOST of the mods on here are for the V6 3.5L, 3.6L and 3.9L's. The only performance thing I know for sure you can get is a tune that will kill the rev limitor. I have a Vector Tune I just got in yesterday on my 3.9L GTP and I can confirm it kills it. I'm not even sure if they make even intakes for it.

Body kits, there's a Rousche and some other custom one I saw as well as the GM Ground Effects.

For what you're looking to do, it's a hell of a lot easier to just trade in, save up, and get a GT, GTP, or GXP with a stick 6 speed and chrome wheels and the color paint you want. No one here has tried tranny swaps, and only one guy gas painted his car, and he just made it two-toned and let most of it normal.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

well you could get a tune from either westers or vector to raise the rev limiter and add some horsies in the process, refer to the performance thread which has both tunes in there. as far as swapping a stick shift in it, that could be very expensive you'll need of course the new tranny whihc would be the F40 since 07's dont have that option and whihch cas you'll need to get a clutch and do a whole bunch of other stuff to make it work, body kits avalible are the GM body kit and razzi body kit
      http://www.factorywings.com/-strse-2370 ... Detail.bok
      http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessories ... 6211827739

EDIT-wait did you have the 2.4?

woodbury- Rousch body kit? wat are you smoking?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

the vector tune does not kill the rev limiter. It bumps it up a few hundred RPM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
          the vector tune does not kill the rev limiter. It bumps it up a few hundred RPM.
          yeah woodbury is off on his facts today! ill bold mine that says raises rev limiter.

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
          Show
          -20% tint

Comment

Welcome! Glad to have you.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I think it's easier to get a 2007 GTP, debadge, slap on a V6 badge, swap in a GT exhaust and valence, and put 16" wheels on...

<-- Gray G6? Click!
              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
              2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
              Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

For the cash you would spend for the mods you listed , you would be better off purchasing a GTP 3.6 and throwing the turbo charger in. That would cook the rice all day long.
                2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

I literally just put my Vector tune in last night, and this afternoon I was showing my cousins the exhaust and everything. Before the tune it wouldn't let it go past 4,000rpm in Park. It got up to 5,500-6,000 rpm when I was trying out today I swear.... because I was completely shocked when I saw it went past 4,000. 2006 GTP 3.9L w/ 4 Speed Auto.
                  Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
                  386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                  2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                    I literally just put my Vector tune in last night, and this afternoon I was showing my cousins the exhaust and everything. Before the tune it wouldn't let it go past 4,000rpm in Park. It got up to 5,500-6,000 rpm when I was trying out today I swear.... because I was completely shocked when I saw it went past 4,000. 2006 GTP 3.9L w/ 4 Speed Auto.
                    just dont sit there and keep reving it that high!

Show
                    -20% tint

Comment

Yea, I know. I think it finally noticed it once it hit 5,000 and let off as quick as I could. It got a bit higher almost 5,500 before it stopped. I wasn't expecting it to go that high at all, or I wouldn't have punched it to the floor.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

It's raised yes but it won't eliminate it.

You have a lot of work to do, there is plenty of info that will answer most if not all your questions. So I suggest you start digging and looking around.

Comment

If you want a rice destroyer, don't buy a base G6 to begin with. Get a GXP or a Mazdaspeed-6.

Comment

seems to be some lack of modding support on this board.

honestly I would hit up the cavalier/cobalt boards and seen what they have done wi the ecotec, its a decent motor been modded, just hasn't been in the G6 much.

There should be a manual conversion, since it did come with something but you might have to R&D it yourself.

if you really want an exhaust or intake, and nothing is availblte get one fabbed up.

all it really is is piping, you want the least amount of bends and smoothness. bigger isn't always better, see what the ecotec people on other boards say...

not sure if its supported, but look into hptuners and other GM tuning software programs to see if you are supported, if not, contact them. They might start offering support.

Don't wait for the aftermarket to come to you, contact them. Should not be hard to support your car, already similar with other G6s, and the internal motor is in alot of other GM vehicles.
                            2007 Dark Gray Metallic G6 Sedan 3.5L v6 A4
                            Former cars... '85 Camaro, '94 Camaro, '00 Camaro, '92 Mustang GT

Comment

yeah actually the ecotec motor has a hell of a lot more aftermarket than any other G6 motor. Look on the G5 or especially the Cobalt thread and you'll find a ton of things. According to GM, that motor is capable of getting well over 1000 hp, but I've never seen one. Oh yeah there's the Injen intake and GT-R exhaust
                              Mods I have:
                              18" Motegi Gunmetal Rims w/ All Season Cooper 225/45/ZR18 performance tires, 91 Octane Tune, CRAB CAB, GT-R Exhaust, completely debadged.

Mods that I plan to have soon:
                              Headers, tint, lowered, new transmission, and I hope to one day have a turbo in this thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X