Jeweler's Rouge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeweler's Rouge

Has anybody used it? I accidentally scraped too hard this morning and now my side window has a big but light scratch on it.

I found these instructions, correct?
    http://www.essortment.com/hobbies/diyho ... i_sggt.htm
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

If you run your fingernail across it, will it catch in the groove?

Comment

Strangely, it somewhat disappeared for some reason... the water gets caught there and I see it. I haven't ran my fingernails over it yet.
      <-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

Well the problem with that method in the link is there isn't really any abrasive compounds, ferric oxide is just going to hide the scratch basically ie just like wax will hide some swirls but not take it out.

If you can still see it but can't catch your fingernail in it, then you can polish it out. Takes quite a bit of work but it's plenty possible, it's where a rotary machine comes in handy.

Comment

Re: Jeweler's Rouge

OK, so I'm going to the Autoshow tomorrow, and I'm dropping by the detailing stuff counters. I'm getting a ScratchX for sure to fix my bumper, what polish should I get to fix my glass?

And to confirm, the scratches catch water but not my finger. Wiping the glass completely dry actually make the scratches disappear. It just looks annoying when it's wet.
          <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

You can actually use Scratch-X on glass, if you can't feel the scratch at all then you could probably try a lighter polish. Does it look like a scratch or does it appear to be some etching?

Comment

It looks like a scratch to me. I'll try the Scratch-X first.

Thanks!
              <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Yeah try it and see how it goes, if you need more bite from it use a terry cloth.

Comment

Working...
                X