Opinions on mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on mods

Hey guys! so i have a completly stock 3.5 auto sedan, and i want to make it look more sporty and perform a little better. Im not going to be seriously drag racing or anything, just driving for fun. So far what im thinking performance wise is a Injen CAI, cat back exhaust, lowering springs, and strut tower brace. I dont know visually, other than some rims my dad bought me, which arent on the car yet. I like the hood on the car in the logo, can you buy that somewhere? I also want a body kit, but a very very mild one. more of just a ground effects package than a body kit. anyone know where you can buy the stock gm one? any other ideas for performance or visual mods appriciated. thanks!

For looks, some decals go a long way. Removing badges makes it look cleaner. Tinting for windows. Maybe some flashy new grills. Performance, a tune is the only thing i dont see on your list.

Not sure but the gm ground effects kit might be under the product number forum.
    '07 GT Sedan Granite Metallic: http://www.fquick.com/achg6gt

Comment

Well I think the Mods are a great bunch of guys....oh wait.....you meant your car?
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I would do the springs before I did a ground effects. You'll find out where your hitting then.
        CAI and a GT-R exhaust goes a long way towards performance.
        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
          Well I think the Mods are a great bunch of guys....oh wait.....you meant your car?
          you forgot us lil gals too lol

seems like you have everything found under performance wise minus a tune..

look under the apperance mod thread and there is a sticky in there that has websites to some things that might interest you.

Comment

Wheels and tires might help a lil too. All the stock tires are pretty crappy. Some are just worse than others. Before you buy the ingen intake do some research on it. The welds brake and it is built pretty crappy. Doc speed is a better bet. I have yet to hear anyone have any issues with their systems. Myseld included. GT-R makes a great exhaust. The best you could get for the money. Infact Prob the best you could find at all.
            Originally posted by Nikki
            You are an e-pimp.
            Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
            I tried too, my penis way too big
            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
            My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
            The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Myself, I like simple and clean; springs, wheels and a tint... maybe a lip spoiler, but I am still undecided there. I would consider a strut tower brace and CAI if I can find one for the ecotec.
              2007 G6 Sedan - Liquid Silver, 2.4L
              1980 Firebird Esprit - Polar white, 6.6L

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                Wheels and tires might help a lil too. All the stock tires are pretty crappy. Some are just worse than others. Before you buy the ingen intake do some research on it. The welds brake and it is built pretty crappy. Doc speed is a better bet. I have yet to hear anyone have any issues with their systems. Myseld included. GT-R makes a great exhaust. The best you could get for the money. Infact Prob the best you could find at all.
                He has wheels and tires. The Injen intake was re-designed over a year ago. The area where it cracked, has been fixed.
                I have an Injen, and I don't have any issues with it.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Re: Opinions on mods

[quote="Berg"]so i have a completly stock 3.5 auto sedanquote]

I didn't know ingen fixed it. Thought people were still having problems. I didn't see where he said he had new wheels and tires. He has an intake and exhaust too then. lol
                  Originally posted by Nikki
                  You are an e-pimp.
                  Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                  I tried too, my penis way too big
                  07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                  My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                  The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Re: Opinions on mods

Originally posted by Berg
                    Hey guys! so i have a completly stock 3.5 auto sedan, and i want to make it look more sporty and perform a little better. Im not going to be seriously drag racing or anything, just driving for fun. So far what im thinking performance wise is a Injen CAI, cat back exhaust, lowering springs, and strut tower brace. I dont know visually, other than some rims my dad bought me, which arent on the car yet. I like the hood on the car in the logo, can you buy that somewhere? I also want a body kit, but a very very mild one. more of just a ground effects package than a body kit. anyone know where you can buy the stock gm one? any other ideas for performance or visual mods appriciated. thanks!
                    The hood on the logo is the GXP's Street Edition stock hood. Part # for it is not yet available, however, if you wait a few months, a few members here are putting together a group buy on a hood that's just like that, however as opposed the the stock GM one, this one will be functional
                    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                    2005 CGM GTO.
                    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Cool, ya, i think im going to steer clear of the GT-R exhaust, it sounds a little ricey at high rpm's in the clips i have heard. I heard a custom borla and a custom flowmaster i really liked. And i am getting wheels and tires. they arent on the car yet, they are in route. :-D ill watch for that hood group buy too, any ideas how much it will cost?

Comment

Lowering first

Comment

Working...
                        X