• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• performance chips

has any1 seen any floating around?

Ive seen the ones on ebay but of course know they are cheap somethings
    jeff
    05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
    90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
    1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
    F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149 The third Q&A should answer you're question.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
      http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149 The third Q&A should answer you're question.
      thanx for that man, i didnt see that.
      im going to email some companies and see what comes of it. I know a few people in a few places. I emailed a guy from wingswest about a kit, and looking for some companies that will look into a module for us or even an FCD (Fuel Cut Defenser)
      jeff
      05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)

Comment

Originally posted by spoolinturbo
        Originally posted by Blackrider
        thanx for that man, i didnt see that.
        im going to email some companies and see what comes of it. I know a few people in a few places. I emailed a guy from wingswest about a kit, and looking for some companies that will look into a module for us or even an FCD (Fuel Cut Defenser)
        jeff
        I've talked with charlse from DHP a few times and he is expecting a PCM for the G6 GT and GTP in the new few months, he is just doing some more research on CANdi first.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

awesome, im sure you'll keep us posted! =)
          jeff

Comment

of course any possible chip or PCM upgrades are the last thing you wanna add, so until we have more performance parts available for this car, I don't really see a need for something like this anytime soon.

Mike
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

getting a company interested this early is a gain though ya know?
              why would it be the last? A chip coupled with an exhaust, intake, remove emissions, could prob take the 3.5 up to like 260ish and a 3.9 up to low 300's for HP.
              theres only one company making a SC for our car now so they charge like 3900 i think. If we can get it down to 2000g im in. Plus the chip may eliminate or fuel cut, and speed limiter. Sure ive heard its not safe and what not, and i do speed on interstates above 130 but thats my call, and I also plan to make this car to the track events like I do with my bmw. just my .02 ya know.
              jeff

Comment

Keep me informed

You guys have been helpful/ Please keep me posted on when these PCM's will be avalible. It is disappointing that a GTP shuts off at 115mph. My friend's 1997 honda civic with 127 hp beats my new GTP at the top since I cannot go any faster than 115. Keep me posted on which companies come out with the reprogrammed PCM's Thanks

Comment

A chip is only really good when you start modifying fuel and air monitoring components, like the injectors and MAF. Sure you'll see decent gains from adding a chip alone, maybe around 10hp. And with the automatic trannys you'll see firmer and sooner shifts. Not really a problem with this car though since it has a tapshift on the auto.

I could see a 60hp gain from an intake, headers, cat-back, reduced emission components, modified throttle body, bigger injectors and MAF, then all tuned with a new PCM.

Mike
                  -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                    A chip is only really good when you start modifying fuel and air monitoring components, like the injectors and MAF. Sure you'll see decent gains from adding a chip alone, maybe around 10hp. And with the automatic trannys you'll see firmer and sooner shifts. Not really a problem with this car though since it has a tapshift on the auto.

I could see a 60hp gain from an intake, headers, cat-back, reduced emission components, modified throttle body, bigger injectors and MAF, then all tuned with a new PCM.

Mike
                    depending on the chip and how it interfers with the ECU's learning capabilities when it comes to the MAF. And the shifting of this auto is slower than im used to, My bmw was my first auto car and it shifts like butter and fast, this car has a good 2 second delay downshifting when get on it. the tapshift is not as bad though. I dont see too much need for larger injectors unless your forced induction, or pushing 330+hp on this car.
                    jeff but no one has gotten that far yet so we dont know.
                    jeff

Comment

oh yea of course when you start modding the fuel system you're looking for bigger gains, mostly from forced induction. We really don't need to worry about that yet until people start buying the supercharger and seriously modding the G6 in horsepower races.

That's why it's too bad we can't use something simple like a Diablochip or Jetchip for a simple installation pop-in installation and instant gains right at our fingertips with little or no tuning from the manufacturer. I guess installing an entire reprogrammed PCM is better anyway.

Mike
                      -Mike #1

Comment

peace out site

The Official Silver Bullet Of The SWO....WHA WHAT...!

Comment

I believe they jumped the price of the SC up to 4800 last time I checked which is just outrageous!! I don't really see anyone going forced induction on these cars for a while so I doubt the fuel system will EVER be a problem. As for everything else I do agree.
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I personally would just be happy with something that would firm up shift points (something I'm sure we can all agree on). Performance gains would be nice, but arent going to mean squat without the shifting there to use it!
                            Originally posted by Toyz
                            Originally posted by simplyred
                            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I'm anxiously awaitng GTPprix to do the 3.5 so he can solve that issue. God does it suck. I swear sometimes I think the trans is broken whenit shifts..
                              Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                              2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                              w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Working...
                              X