No announcement yet.

4-6 grand whats somethings i could do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-6 grand whats somethings i could do?

hey every one i am new to joining the site but i have surfed the site for a while. and i was wondering what i could do when i get back from Iraq to my 6? i will just have all this disposable income that i will have to put into something should i invest it in stocks no way, i must put it into my car. tell me all knowing forum member what can i do. i will have about 4-6 grand to blow as an Iraq present to myself.
    oh yea i have a 2006 GTP sedan with a MT
    Thanks,
    SRA Evan P. Ostman

Thats a nice amount to play with. Do you have any mods yet? I'd get exhaust, tune, wheels, grilles, sound system, intake just to start with.
    '07 GT Sedan Granite Metallic: http://www.fquick.com/achg6gt

Comment

thinking more like a pure power set up. i like the way the 6 looks. i am in contact with a guy that did a twin turbo setup on the 3900 he lives in Tampa also, so i hope that will be a source of knowledge.i was also wondering what the 6 speed tranny can handle? and what you guys think if i do get the turbo should i beef up the tranny right away or run it till it breaks?
      Thanks

Comment

Manal can handle like 315HP I belive unfortinally its only rated at like 250 of torque. The auto torque is rated higher.

If you have 4K, the 3900 has an off set bore because we have the same bore as the 5.7L V8. You would have to get custom conecting rods I belive to fit but theres comanies that do that, bore the pistons to a 6.0L bore. Intake valves are plenty big and not much room on heads to do anything with that, but the exhaust valve can be a litte bigger. Get LS7 V8 springs on the head for higher RPMs so you dont get spring binding, custom dyno PCM tune and call it the day. Of corse prob need a better clutch.

That would make the 3900 into like a baby LS V8 engine

But the 3900 is a "gas guzler" almost for a V6 so you'll prob drop your city MPG to 15.
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I was reading that the tranny " has been certified for up to 400 Nm of engine torque. " i dont really know what that means ? can some one explain.
          Thanks,
          Evan

Comment

Nm=Newton Meters.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

thx...... i am looking though all this stuff in all these forums and man i am such a noob.

Comment

Re: 4-6 grand whats somethings i could do?

Originally posted by superstitch626
                hey every one i am new to joining the site but i have surfed the site for a while. and i was wondering what i could do when i get back from Iraq to my 6? i will just have all this disposable income that i will have to put into something should i invest it in stocks no way, i must put it into my car. tell me all knowing forum member what can i do. i will have about 4-6 grand to blow as an Iraq present to myself.
                oh yea i have a 2006 GTP sedan with a MT
                Thanks,
                SRA Evan P. Ostman
                You could give it to me

If you'd prefer visual mods over performance... I'd get the lower recessed grills right away... looks way better.

Performance - exhaust/cold air/ etc. all work well.

I hope you enjoy your 6er
                2007 G6 GTP Coupe 3.6 L VVT
                - 6 Speed Automatic
                - Premium Leather Package

Coming soon:
                - Chrome lower grill inserts
                - Spoiler

Comment

yeah what dre said. but if you could do a turbo set-up the right way as in do everything so that you dont blow up your engine that would be awesome, so im guessing what dre said would be some possiblitites to do when looking at a turbo set-up.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                  TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                  Show
                  -20% tint
                  -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                  -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Twin-turbo

Do it!
                    Mods I have:
                    18" Motegi Gunmetal Rims w/ All Season Cooper 225/45/ZR18 performance tires, 91 Octane Tune, CRAB CAB, GT-R Exhaust, completely debadged.

Mods that I plan to have soon:
                    Headers, tint, lowered, new transmission, and I hope to one day have a turbo in this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by G6Cubs#1
                      Twin-turbo

Do it!
                      Twin turbo will be ALOT more then 4-5K :P I would guess in the neiborhood of 9-11K

2013 Mustang GT
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

really? that much?

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                        Show
                        -20% tint

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                          really? that much?
                          to do a custom twin turbo set up, yes. Custom twin turbo set up on a corvette and H2 where there is kits out for them installed is around 12-14K. Theres alot of work and fabercating to do a twin turbo even with a kit avalible. Only really a proffetional that knows what there doing can install a twin turbo and tune properly.

2013 Mustang GT
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                            Originally posted by leong6gtp
                            really? that much?
                            to do a custom twin turbo set up, yes. Custom twin turbo set up on a corvette and H2 where there is kits out for them installed is around 12-14K. Theres alot of work and fabercating to do a twin turbo even with a kit avalible. Only really a proffetional that knows what there doing can install a twin turbo and tune properly.
                            yeah that makes sense! you could a few bucks by finding some half way decent turbos for a good price but labor is a huge part im guessing.

Show
                            -20% tint

Comment

4 to 6 grand?

Hookers and blow!

but seriously , custom wheels, amp/sub/s, CAI and exhaust.

Mods are pretty limited for these cars, good luck coming up with something unique.
                              2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

Working...
                              X