Rattling in backseats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling in backseats

lookin good Mike #1...i'm not one to start new threads for quick questions, so...i have some rattling in the backseat somewhere when certain frequencies of bass hit, although i haven't squeezed into the back to see exactly where it's coming from yet, but if it's not something that i can figure out to fix, can you take your car into an audio place and have them look at it to see if they can do anything about it?
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

i dont know if the coupes seat are exactly like the sedans in the back, but the only thing that could cause a rattle woudl either be the 2 bolts or possibly the seat belt rattling

Comment

it's in the roof i think - maybe from the sunroof - maybe nothing can be done about it? if i push up on the roof in the back it seems to get rid of it, maybe i'll have to pay a midget to sit in the back and hold the roof

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

maybe then the track is loose? do you have sunroof?

Comment

yea, which is why i said it might be coming from the sunroof...it'd be hard for a noise to come from something not equiped on my car just bustin your balls...but yea it's not the panoramic since i have a coupe...maybe it's something the dealership could take a look at

Comment

yeh, if you cant find it, i would make them check that sunroof

i thought you said it did, but i was to lazy to scroll down and see again for sure

Comment

Hey Mike thanks for posting those pics it looks great. I'm just waiting for my metra turbo2 kit to come in so i can install my pioneer screen. I will definately post some pics asap when its done

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                lookin good Mike #1...i'm not one to start new threads for quick questions, so...i have some rattling in the backseat somewhere when certain frequencies of bass hit, although i haven't squeezed into the back to see exactly where it's coming from yet, but if it's not something that i can figure out to fix, can you take your car into an audio place and have them look at it to see if they can do anything about it?
                Mike, check the headliner near the rear window. When I got my car, it was loose. There seems to be 3 clips on the headliner that lock into the roof near the rear, and the middle one always came loose. So I just had to push it up towards the roof as hard as I could until it clipped in. That solved my problem anyways.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

This is a thread split off of one in the interior section that branched off Mikes thread about his cd player. Just to keep things in order a little better plus might get more help this way!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

There was some "KNOCKIN' in the backseat of mine the night after my wife and i bought the G6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by livinlrge
                      There was some "KNOCKIN' in the backseat of mine the night after my wife and i bought the G6!!!
                      She told you about that my bad man!!
                      Originally posted by Toyz
                      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

thanks mike, i'll check it out

Comment

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

When I first got my car the back seats rattled once in awhile, the dearship fixed it by doing the most profetional way possible......... by putting one lare of wire tap around that meatle piece that clips in to the back seat!
                            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                            Gotta have it Green color
                            Brembo brake package
                            420 HP 5.0L
                            Ford Racing Power Pack
                            GT500 track pack differential cover
                            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

DAAMN just got owned
                              LMAO Damn, wish id of known before i spent all that money in Vegas!!! hahaha :smoke:

Comment

Working...
                              X