I need a car cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a car cover

The house that I'm living in until March runs off well water so every single time my car gets hit by the sprinkler, I have to have it hand waxed. I work and go to school full time so I don't have a lot of free time to do it myself and end up taking it to this place down the street ($35 later). Well I can't manage to go more than 48 hours without getting hit by the sprinklers even though I've set them to off (they just keep going). I figure a car cover would be my best solution but I'm not sure where to go to get a good one. I don't want to spend more than $110 if I don't have to because the house my fiance and I will be moving into in March runs off city water. If anyone has any suggestions for a good cover, let me know.

Car covers are easy to come by. Can't you adjust the sprinklers so as not to water the driveway? You would be saving a precious commodity as well.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I honestly don't know where they're located in the lawn. I asked the guy I'm renting it from and he doesn't know. I'll try searching for them soon cause my Dad was telling me about a plastic guard you can put up in front of the sprinkler so the water can't reach areas you don't want it to.

Comment

you can get tarps real cheap

also, if you know how to set them to off, cant you just power them off completely, meaning cut the power source?

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33

also, if you know how to set them to off, cant you just power them off completely, meaning cut the power source?
          Well it's not my house, so I don't think it'd be right on my part to cut the power source.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by injendsm

Well it's not my house, so I don't think it'd be right on my part to cut the power source.

then ask him to pay for you car every time

or to fix it so it doesnt spray your car..you are the one living there and have some rights

Comment

There is a thread on here somewhere where we talked about some.

Comment

Try a Trojan
                  2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

well do you really need it theyll be covered in snow soon in fact im suprised there still on this close to freezing temps

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by injendsm

then ask him to pay for you car every time

or to fix it so it doesnt spray your car..you are the one living there and have some rights
                      That's what I'm planning to do.

Comment

you also mentioned he didnt know where they are...what kinda land lord doesnt know stuff about the house?

accidently trip over them and break them....or random car drove over them

Comment

you also mentioned he didnt know where they are...what kinda land lord doesnt know stuff about the house?

accidently trip over them and break them....or random car drove over them
                          They're on a hill so I won't be driving over them; but breaking them is ok in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                            well do you really need it theyll be covered in snow soon in fact im suprised there still on this close to freezing temps
                            In Florida?
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                              Originally posted by ahuhn
                              In Florida?
                              hense the

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                              Originally posted by snowmanG6
                              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                              X