Throttle Body Service....???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Body Service....???

I had problem with my car when I was trying to start, doesn't want to do it until third time in isolates cases. I went to dealer asking for warranty services and the guys call GM and the gave them 2 options.
    1- Ignition Switch.
    2- Throttle Body Dirty.
    So the guyz clean it up the Throttle Body and injector and charge me $200 cuz GM said that is part of maintenance "Throttle Body Cleaning".

A friend of mine told me that possible is a valve in a throttle body.

What do you think guyz?

Thanks
    David...
    javascript:emoticon('')
    Cheers!

How many KM/Miles? If its still on warranty and you have a stock intake I think you got ripped off.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

I got 34800 miles w/ stock intake.

V6 3500 LX9

Comment

Originally posted by Davcar
        I got 34800 miles w/ stock intake.

V6 3500 LX9
        So yeah if your still under warranty I would go back and bitch.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

when I worked at a garage all they did to clean th TB was use brake cleaner and a rag to remove the built up carbon. I think $200 sounds pretty steep and your under warranty as well. Go back and get your money.

Comment

Comment

Sorry guyz, I was trying to post a picture to tell you what they said they did. If anyone know how to paste a picture let me know.

They told me that:
              1-They cleaning up TB with "Special cleaner spray" didnt took it away, they only remove the clamp and

2-And with a machine put pressure in the outlet or inlet when you check the pressure of fuel system.

I will send you a pic of this.
              Thank you Guyz
              David

Comment

Ya I would tell them i dont give a shit. give me some money

Comment

Take it back. If its on your credit card, disput the charge. Thats stright BS. Even if thats "mantiance" not under 36K miles it shouldnt be.

Next question..... did it accally fix the problem?
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I call GM to do the claim, they will go to check if warranty cover that, she said that almost all is include "bumper to bumper" except tires, she will call me back tomorrow. I gave her the GM internal case number but she doesn't has access probably because dealer spoke with an " specialized technician ".

Apparently the car is OK, starting good, we'll see in a few days if doesn't repeat same problem.

Let see what happens guyz
                    Thanks
                    David
                    Does any one knows how to post a picture?

Comment

i used to be a lube tech at a chevy dealer, and yes 200 is a little steep when you actually know what is being done. But it is what everybody charges. And it is actually maintanence. It is a tb service. and they should also hook up to the fuel rail and run the car off of some special chemical that knocks all of the carbon off of the valves, and intake tract. It is somewhat labor intensive. And even though you're car is under manufacturers warranty it is a maintenance item. And is recommended by gm ever 30K miles. And to be honest i recommend it. I personally do it myself on my 6er i just did it today. But as far as bitching about it and trying to get money back you probably wont get anywhere

Comment

first did they ask you to even do the job? or just did it

second if you are under warranty that should be covered for sure

i be complaining for sure, and im sure she will be responding with under blah blah blah this isnt covered under warranty, because of something like the rags used arent covered

Comment

Thanks Steves86ta....

GM answer today that TB cleaning is part of maintenance, warranty doesn't cover that, I'm Ok with the decision and I hope the car works OK from now.

One thing I want to tell you, man is expensive pay $200 for a TB cleaning up and fuel system.

l think I'll do it in the future.

Could you can explain me what products (cleaner) I need and how to do it?

David ''

Comment

carb and choke cleaner works pretty well
                            just take off the air inlet "duct work" from the throttle body and with a small brush (old tooth brush works well) open the throttle plate spray in cleaner adn rub with brush when it looks clean spray it again wipe it clean with a rag reassemble and make sure car starts

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Thanks Dude....
                              I won't pay more for TB cleaning service.

Comment

Working...
                              X