beware of the white body kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beware of the white body kit

If any of you are thinking of getting a white body kit and having it match your white car, don't expect much. Mine is not the same shade as the car eventhough they said they used the same paint code. I spent all day yesterday driving around trying to get a plan on how to fix this. The shop that put it on sent me to an automotive paint store where they got a dupont camera that will tell you the persice color code to match your paint. There I was told that the paint code on the bumper doen't match the car but the paint code on the body matches the code the painter said he used to paint the kit. Frustruated as hell because everyone I've took this to is saying that it looks like a different color. Next stop, body shop. The guy there told me he could make it look right by taking the paint code and hand mixing the tint and testing it until it gets right. At a cost of $550. I bought this kit through the dealer who subed it out to this shop. Who should pay for this? Me not being an option. The shop even told me that white is the hardest color to match (which I have no doubt), and that I would have to live with it. The guy said that he has done at least 30 white G6 body kits and mine is the only one burning gas that has ever had a problem. I looked at him square in the eye and told him that doesn't make the fucking paint match now does it? Sorry if this post is in the wrong place and for my ranting. I just want all you white G6ers out there who are thinking of getting a kit to know what I went through. Now I welcome the constructive input you all have on how to fix this.

2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

yeh we knew it defn didnt match from photos, that was an easy thing to notice

second whomever you got it off of witht he paint match i think should have to pay for it, they painted it to match and they defn didnt do it right, best way to get it to match now would be to probably paint it and the car at same time, way to much $$$ for you to pay for when they didnt do it right in the beginning, id ask your lawyer what best bet is

where is nikki when you need her advice

Comment

First off, the whole situation is shitty and it seems that you are being fed lines of it honestly seems like your going to have to pay that guy to hand mix the tint untill he gets it right but I would fight with the dealer to the death about fixing it or getting ur money back because no matter what it should match. The first person who painted it should have known and fixed it right there on the spot. Any good painter would have done this, keep fighting and you'll get your way, write a letter to everyone you can think of even GM and the BBB (better business bearu <--spelling)!! Also that hes painted 30 G6 body kits seems like more to me!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

yea, i doubt he's even done 5 G6s
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Hell besides this one, he probably hasn't done another one at all. It's all BS if you ask me. It's like this, make the guy who "painted 30 G6 kits", pay you back and let someone else do it the right way. It's like, the more and more someone pisses me off, the more heated and red I turn and I am black, lol. I would have blown up on that cat for even lying to me the way he did to you. But then again "Cooler heads prevail". So keep your cool, get your money back any way you can, and get it done right. Another thing, I may be color blind or tired from this graveyard shift I just worked, but looking at the pic, I can't see the difference.
          "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

It's probably your monitor settings. The kit is much more of a pure white than the car.

Comment

it's also probably more notcieable in person than in the pic
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I made my round of calls today to see what's going on and the manager at the dealership said he is gong to throw his clout around and make this right. I left it in their hands and told them to let me know where to drop the car off and when to pick it up. I think they are getting fed up with this shop not getting it right also. It's hard to believe that people stay in business with service like this.
                2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

Good work on keeping on them. I honestly can't see the color difference though Maybe it's time for the doctor to get a new monitor
                  2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                  :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                  :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                  :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

The best way I can describe it is fresh snow to dirty snow. Wait you're in Florida. The body kit is pure white and the body is the same color but with a light tint on it. Anyway, bottom line, I just talked to the guy at the dealership and he called the shop's owner. I guess now the paint guy is saying that he can match the paint but he needs the car for 3-4 days to hand match it. Imagine that...you actually need the real car in front of you to do this right. Talk about a headache. Kyle, you still thinking about driving the mile? If so you can stop by on the way and see for yourself. It's shitty.

Comment

shitty deal, I hope they fix it up for you the. all the lines they have been giving you sound like definte

good luck
                      Shit happens, Drive faster
                      GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
                      :) :) :) :) :) :)
                      GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

I refuse to believe that any decent bodyshop should have any trouble matching the paint on a car. I always thought that silver was the hardest to match, not white, or any solid color for that matter. It looks like the paint on the bodykit is a kind of bright white, and the white on the car is more of a pearl white.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I'm taking the car in tomorrow or Sun. I should be getting it back Tue. or Wed. I think they have made this a priority. Finally

Comment

even tho they said they got the right paint code that isn't always the case there will always be a slight difference from the kit to the car, depending on if they primed or just painted and considering it is fresh paint. But they should be also be able to blend the kit to match the car. I can't believe they would even take it out of the paint booth that way. If I was painting it I would say wow this doesn't match something isn't right. Well i hope you get everything straighten out.
                            06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

I can see the diffrence in the paint, bottom more pure. The shop should take care of it, I agree its not your fault at all, any decent shop would fix it with out a an arguement. But like it was said before, if they wont take care of it contact the BBB ( Better Bussniess Burau ) Once it gets fixed it'll def look good with no question. Goodluck!
                              2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                              Gotta have it Green color
                              Brembo brake package
                              420 HP 5.0L
                              Ford Racing Power Pack
                              GT500 track pack differential cover
                              BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
                              X