Trim wax remover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim wax remover

ok i know we have talked about dryer sheets working well for bugs on the front, but i found a new use for them

product: dryer sheet
    ease of use: 10
    time: depends on your wax job
    price: cheap
    quality of product: 10

basically i know most of use end up getting wax on our trim around car. i was curious one day of what they would do so i tried it out.

i basically got a small bowl with some dish detergent and warm water and dipped the dryer sheet in it. wipe it on the spots that needed it, and then rinsed off, and boom wax was gone.

very simple solution for the annoying white on the trim

why a dryer sheet? Am I missing something?

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Because they are cheap and readily available.

Comment

why not use a wax that doesn't leave residue on the trim? I've used that ICE wax and it works pretty good IMO.

Comment

ICE is worthless as a wax protectant, what people should do it just learn to tape their trim lol.

Dish detergent in this case is basically what removed it, you can use vinegar too if you wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
            ICE is worthless as a wax protectant, what people should do it just learn to tape their trim lol.

Dish detergent in this case is basically what removed it, you can use vinegar too if you wanted.
            worthless? oh man, so I've been wasting my $$$

Comment

well in it's defense it's geared towards ease of use, which it seems to do a good job at. My point being is if you care enough to wax your car and don't mind doing it, there are much better products available.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                well in it's defense it's geared towards ease of use, which it seems to do a good job at. My point being is if you care enough to wax your car and don't mind doing it, there are much better products available.
                oh ok, I was like WTF. When I got my car it didn't have any wax on it. I used the ICE wax. The next day it rained pretty hard and the water beaded up really nice and just ran off the paint fast. Ease of use is what I'm after. Besides I wash my car all the time and wax it every chance I get so even using the ICE wax I have prbbly 5 coats on at any given time.

Comment

I'm just a lot harder on it than what I need to be I'll admit it. Thankfully though our cars don't have much black trim, well compared to what I normally detail anyway.

Comment

yup, I don't use a buffer to wax my 6 I do it all by hand so ease of use is quite important, especially when your doing a couple of coats.

Comment

I've tried the Ice, and it's very easy to use but doesn't seem to last very long.

I'm with Interfire - there are lots of better products out there, that are just as easy to use.

Comment

When I used to use a wax that would leave white residue on my plastic trim I would use Eagle 1 tire shine to remove it. It worked great and left my trim looking shiny. It also works great to hide any dirt stains or dirt in your wheel wells.

Comment

granted teh dish detergent helped, but i have also just used the car wash soap and it works

either way, cheap easy way that you dont have to worry about taping

Comment

I know you'd never think it, but while I'm cleaning the interior of my car, if I see wax on that trim around the car, I just use these:

They take the wax right off and give the trim a nice shine.
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

pretty much same material, i tried them once, seemed to wipe it away some, but more like a fading than disappearing

Comment

Working...
                              X