Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G6'er - Li'l Issue

Hi All...

I just got my 06 GT about 3 mos ago and LOVE it... Only one little problem I've been having, and the idiots at the dealer can't figure it out.

Sometimes on mild hills or really smooth pavement (I know it's weird) it feels like there's almost a misfire in the engine... Bit of a shake, similar to tire balance but most definitely not as I definitely notice it more going up hills.

Anyone run into this?

PS - I've been running premium fuel and even make a point to get gas in WA where they don't run that sh*tty ethanol in it!
    2006 G6 GT Sedan w/Pano. Roof - Ponty
    2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Creampie
    2002 VW Beetle Turbo S - Frosty (Ask the wife)
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport - The Black Bitch!

Premium actually seems to make the cars run WORSE. Don't use Premium. These motors (specially the 3900) aren't the smoothest running engines inthe world. But if she's missing (you cna tell if it is).. they should figure that out. Take it to another delaership.
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

My suggestion would be to stop wasting money on premium. When I bought my car they gave me a voucher for a free tank of gas, so of course I waited until I was on E and coasted into the gas station on fumes and left with $37 of premium. I'll be the first one to tell you that my car never ran better and even seemed to have more pep with premium, but that's the last drop of premium it will probably ever get while I own it.

As far as the shake/misfire, I haven't had any issues. I just hope your car isn't suffering the same fate as Kyle's.
      -Kevin
      2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
      2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

Thanx for the quick replies... I only started running premium trying to figure out WTF is going on since the morons at Weston can't figure it out.

Just called another dealer across town and made an appt. for Monday.

As I'm a newbie here, what happened to Kyle's car??

Comment

Try Mid-Grade. aka 89.
          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Keep us posted on the diagnosis.

Here's the thread for Kyle's car, but I must warn you the pictures are quite graphic. Literally something out of a sci-fi film:
            http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1291
            -Kevin
            2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
            2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

yea i tried premium once and my car ran worse than on 87 and 89....i cant really tell a difference between 87 and 89 though
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Skip the premium, and yeah I busted my car up good

Welcome to the site!
                2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I stick to mid grade. better than 87 but cheaper than 91 :P
                  Shit happens, Drive faster
                  GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
                  :) :) :) :) :) :)
                  GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

the vehicle has been designed to run on 87 octane. i don't understand why people always think putting in higher octane gas is going to solve their problems. if you are getting detonation then higher octane would help, but that shouldn't be happening on a stock 3900 without a bigger problem.

if the engine is misfiring i would think that it would be throwing a code and probably one that would turn on the MIL. if the light isn't on and there are no codes stored in the computer then the techs would have to diagnose it with drivablilty. could be a tranny problem too, maybe it doesn't know what gear to keep it in?

Comment

yeh and lots of things have standards, but doesnt mean if you use better quality stuff that it doesnt help

cheap toilet paper works, but i prefer something soft

Comment

aparently your ass was designed for softer toilet paper...

the point i was trying to make was spending more money for higher octane gas isn't going to do anything to solve an underlying problem. yeah it may make you are warm and fuzzy inside but in the long run it ain't doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                          aparently your ass was designed for softer toilet paper...

the point i was trying to make was spending more money for higher octane gas isn't going to do anything to solve an underlying problem. yeah it may make you are warm and fuzzy inside but in the long run it ain't doing anything.
                          Shit happens, Drive faster
                          GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
                          :) :) :) :) :) :)
                          GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Niiiiice guys... And yes, my ass is most definitely designed for the soft toilet paper...

I only bought a cpl tanks of premium for shits n giggles to see if it'd make a difference, and acourse it didn't..

Dropped it off this morning, waiting 2 hear back.

Comment

let us know what they come up with
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X