This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WATER!!!

Ok, within two months of having this car (1 yr ago) i had 2 inches of water in the backseat. Turned out, supposedly, to be the drain hose from the roof not hooked up. fixed, never thought about it again. Came home from work one day, drove 100% on the highway ride home, went to go out a half hour later car wouldn't hold an idle, check engine light comes on. dead in teh driveway i called onstar who told me i had a serious problem with the throttle control system and to get off the road IMMEDIATELY. good thing i was parked in the driveway, huh?
    \so, bring it to dealer, seems to be a quick fix. 8 hours later they call to say that he needs it overnight to seal the leak and let the glue set. fine. i call this morning and they tell me no idea what time, if at all, will it be done today. FINALLY gave me a rental so i could get my ass to work, a lacrosse. they call me today and tell me i have to take it back to whoever fixed the leak to begin with. dude, you're place is 2 min away, that place is over an hour. now i can't get an appt to get the stupid car to the other dealer. WTF?????????????????????????

So what's your question?

I'm just kidding. That really sucks about your car, but this section is about troubleshooting and it seems like the only troubleshooting question you asked was why you can't get an appointment to get your car fixed.

This thread might be more appropriate for the "G6 Product Reviews" section.
    -Kevin
    2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
    2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

nah, it's fine here. I'm guessing you're trying to get some info on WTF the first people did or what was really leaking to begin with. Do you have the service sheet from your first visit? IT would say what they replaced so we could get an idea.
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

sorry man i am just so peeved i was ranting, not really paying attention to where i was posting. but, seriously, what the hell can i do here, can't be considered a lemon until 3 attempts to fix the same problem...been only two. do i even have any recourse or is GM going to tell me it's under warranty and i have to still keep getting it fixed!?

Comment

all the paperwork is in the damn car. should be picking it up tomorrow. but they told me that the drain hose wasn't hooked up, and they just "hooked it up"

Comment

At this point in time i dont beleive you have much of a recourse. But hopefully you can hope it is now fixed. That is a damn shame how they treated you, since it was a dealer who fixed it the first time, the new dealer shoulda just fixed it. But we all know how business can be. I wish the best of luck to ya with these problems. :smoke:
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I would raise hell....I did, purchased the car in VA, came down to FL and took it in for warrenty. They said did you buy the car here, I said I sure didn't, the service person said, well these are issues that should have been handled by the orginal dealer that sold the car. Ended up I told them if you'd like me to call GM and let them know you're not supporting their brand I'll be glad to write them some letters. The Service Manager and the dealership owner gladly assured me that there would be no problems and they would be glad to be my "dealer of choice".

I laughed. It only took making a scene in their showroom in front of other customers to get them to help me
              ~ Nick
              ----------------
              2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
              Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

You know.. isnt that amazing that dealerships will try that since you didnt buy it here we cant service it. To me, this is something GM should seriously look into, but it is amazing how causing a scene and threatening to go up to the highest part of the ladder seems to change peoples minds very VERY quickly
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

The really stupid thing is that the dealerships make their money off of servicing these cars. I don't understand how they could do something like that.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                    The really stupid thing is that the dealerships make their money off of servicing these cars. I don't understand how they could do something like that.
                    Makes no sence to me either
                    Shit happens, Drive faster
                    GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
                    :) :) :) :) :) :)
                    GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

when I was originally looking into tinting the car I went to my dealership and the accessory guy was an asshole and wouldn't go darker than 35% and so I asked him why other dealerships do it, his reply was, "well they're breaking the law." So as I'm walking out I made a scene and although it didn't get them to give me darker tint a guy from the service department ran over to me and told me about a place across the street who would do any darkness. Moral, got something done I guess.
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I had a problem with my car leaking water also. The Dealer also said that the drain tube from the sunroof area became dislodged from the main Drainage tube. Said the tube was not relaxed enough and when I opened the sunroof it came dislodged. They gave the tube more slack and so far so good. This was not the dealer I bought the car from since I got the car upstate and I live on Long Island. I also mentioned the recall for the sun visors and they took care of them the same day.

Comment

you know what's funny, is there are a numerous amount of people complaining about the same leaking issue. (moonroof drainage not hooked up) i think there is a serious problem here, and as proud ( ) G6 owners we should get some kind of petition together and get them to do a recall or something. i myself have the same repeat drainage not hooked up water on the floor, no i don;t want to get f*%cked in the butt problem. and it is total bull. i can't see this happening every few years and having them make money on me when the car is out of warranty. i think i am gonna post this in the trouble shooting section.
                          2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

I still wanna know where this damn tube is and how you access it.
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                            X