Doctor Speed Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Speed Air Intake

I just got the G6 but I'm already trying to figure out some things to do. My question is....exactly how loud is this intake? I'm planning on getting the Stage 3 (or whichever one comes with the airbox). Previously I had a 2004 GP GTP CompG with a Thrasher CAI and that thing howled like a friggin' banshee. I'm not looking for that this time around. While I don't mind some induction noise I don't want to sound like I need to be cleared for takeoff either. I have to be able to talk into a Bluetooth earpiece in the car. Can someone that owns one of these (minus the airbox since it's not out yet) give me your opinion on the sound level? I guess a scale would work here with 1 being stock sounding and 10 being your head inside a jet engine.
    Justin

Stealth Gray 2005 G6 GT Sedan - new owner so I'm figuring out what mods to start with.

i believe people with the stage 3 have said that it is quiet when you are idle and you get a deeper tone than now with shifting thru gears, there is a thread with a sound clip somehwere, ill try to find it for ya

the airbox is coming out very soon i believe, as i know 2 of them are shipping today or tomorrow to me and emersonhart

Comment

Click here to watch Doc-Speed-Stage-3-CAI-35L

not sure if this is one i was looking for, but should give you idea

it was in this thread
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=751

Comment

Thanks for the link. I tried it the other day but I never got it to load but today it did. This one was without the air box right? I was wrong in my earlier post, I think I'll be getting the Stage 2 with the air box or whichever one has the filter in the engine bay with the air box. Anyone else want to chime in and let me know what you think of the sound? I heard the video but I would just like your own opinions after having one installed on your car and driving around with it.
        Justin

Stealth Gray 2005 G6 GT Sedan - new owner so I'm figuring out what mods to start with.

Comment

was that the one in the car or outside looking at engine?

the air box is a setup all by itself, but sets like the stage 2 if i am correct, kyle will tell you once he gets back and updates about the air box, he is the one that owns doctorspeed

Comment

There have been numerous posts on the setup of the intakes, use the search to find them...

As for sound there is nothing available on the Cold Air Box which is the one you are intersted in. The first one gets installed in Kyle's car today so keep checking back tonight and tomorrow for the most up to date information.

John
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
            X